Saratoga Springs, New York
East Lansing, Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Greensboro, North Carolina
Ithaca, New York
San Diego, California
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (Materials Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering discipline)
- Demonstrated experimental expertise in memristor device fabrication and electrical characterization, as well as associated materials and device physics.
- Demonstrated experimental experience in nanofabrication processes (e.g., electron-beam lithography, PVD, ALD etc.) and neuromorphic device data analysis.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations/proceedings.
- Committed to creative and independent research, teamwork, and fostering an environment of safe scientific work practices.
- Committed to fostering an environment of safe scientific work practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience in fabrication and electrical characterization (using semiconductor parameter analyzer) of neuromorphic devices based on metal oxides and/or 2D materials.
- Hands-on experience in fabricating memristor arrays and their array-level electrical characterization.
- Experience in engineering materials and device physics for improving neuromorphic device performance.
- Working knowledge of integrating memristor arrays with complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) circuits such as ASICs and their system-level functions and operations.
- Experience in materials characterization and analysis based on transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and surface science techniques (e.g., X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), scanning probe microscopy techniques etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team to tackle challenging scientific problems..
BNL policy requires that after obtaining their PhD, eligible candidates for research associate appointments may not exceed a combined total of 5 years of relevant work experience as a post-doc and/or in an R&D position, excluding time associated with family planning, military service, illness or other life-changing events.
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Tennis, Softball, Table Tennis)
- Child Development Center