Saratoga Springs, New York
East Lansing, Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Greensboro, North Carolina
Ithaca, New York
San Diego, California
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ph.D. in material science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, or a related discipline within the past five years, or will complete this degree prior to starting the position;
- Demonstrated experience performing experimental research on polymer thin films;
- Experience in lithographic patterning, use of cleanroom nanofabrication equipment, and associated pattern characterization methods (especially scanning electron microscopy);
- Ability to communicate effectively by writing scientific papers and giving technical presentations;
- Committed to fostering an environment of safe scientific work practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on expertise of thin film block copolymer self-assembly;
- Demonstrated experience with electron beam lithography and synchrotron X-ray characterization (e.g., SAXS, GISAXS);
- Working knowledge of Python or other programming languages used in data analysis (e.g. Matlab).
BNL policy requires that research associate appointments be made to individuals who have received their doctorate within the past five years.
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Tennis, Softball, Table Tennis)