Full-Time Warehouse Specialist #2863
We are seeking a Warehouse Specialist to join our team at our worldwide headquarters in Perrysburg, OH.
This role is a part of the Logistics Team and will be responsible for North America’s outside warehouses in a designated geographic region, while supporting the plants that own these facilities as an SAP ITF expert. This position will work under the direction of the Regional Warehouse Manager and will build and maintain effective relationships with these internal and external facilities to optimize storage and shipping cost while maintaining exceptional service to the customers.
(All other duties as assigned)
• Understands and helps implement leading practice warehouse processes to support the North America region
• Identifies opportunities to increase plant warehouse efficiencies and reduce cost that directly impact the P&L of the business (i.e. effective loading & unloading processes, warehouse storage strategies, space utilization, etc.)
• Understands and can provide guidance to the plant warehouses on lean concepts such as ABC inventory storage methodology
• Works with plant Material Managers to develop strategy and controls on what products are stored externally
• Monitors internal & external warehouse ITF tasks for the facilities they are assigned to ensure they are done timely for both SAP enabled & manual locations
• Performs manual transactions for external warehouses for all inbound & outbound movements
• Must ensure that “post goods issues” and stock transfer orders are completed within the same business day
• Monitors all outside warehouse inventories, request physical counts at all locations at least annually and makes required adjustments as needed
• Provides SAP process expertise to plant Power Users and helps resolve their issues
• Identifies continuous improvement opportunities related to warehousing
• Maintains internal and external warehouse health metrics to provide performance visibility
• Ensures all assigned outside warehouses are inspected semi-annually by Quality Service Technicians (QSTs) to confirm they meet the food and beverage storage standards
• Accountable to meet annual COT’s that are developed to support those of the Regional Warehouse Manager
• Maintains excellent communications and service with internal and external stakeholders / customers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, logistics or other related areas.
• 1+ year as a Material’s professional, with warehousing or supply chain experience.
• General understanding of warehouse and supply chain terms and concepts.
• Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Word & Excel required.
• Analytical and problem solving ability.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent work standards, planning/organization and follow-up skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• This position reports to the Regional Warehouse Manager. The Regional Warehouse Manager reports to the Director of Logistics.
• There may be some travel associated with this position for training and/or project work.
• Overall requirement is less than 15%
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Copy and paste link to apply: http://bit.ly/16PVJ9G
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world’s largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world’s leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $6.8 billion in 2014 and employs approximately 21,100 people at 75 plants in 21 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com .
O-I’s Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. Learn more about the reasons to choose glass and join the movement at www.glassislife.com .
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
How to Applyhttp://bit.ly/16PVJ9G
32 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings