Full-Time Warehouse Logistics Manager
Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning – a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at:
The person in this position is responsible for the management of all warehouse staff and activities to support a safe, efficient, and accurate operation of the department and its functions. This includes the receipt, shipment, transfer, and order fulfillment requirements to support the internal manufacturing environments, as well as our external customer base, domestic and international.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support implementation of supply chain strategy to optimize manufacturing, marketing and distribution
• Lead planning and preparation of all required shipment logistics and documents for on- time, defect free shipment of products to domestic and export customers and DCs
• Manages relationship and performance of outsourced Warehousing and Distribution activities
• Ensures all shipments fully comply with all applicable local/federal government and global trade regulations and duties
• Maintain inventory records that accurately itemize the product code and quantity of all inventory items. (Inventory may include finished goods, intermediates, packing materials and/or raw materials)
• Decide best shipment method to balance the need for on-time shipment while achieving lowest possible landed transportation costs
• Oversee and ensure high performance in internal and external audits of logistics and inventory processes
• Manage warehouse including receiving and shipping operations to be in full compliance with corporate Safety, Health and Environmental requirements
• Develops warehousing network and inventory management/control in alignment with commercial plans and strategies
• Collaborates with product development to ensure proper packaging of materials for timely and damage free delivery
• Ensures policies, procedures and training are in place for optimization of workforce
• Develop and track key metrics related to the performance of the warehouse. This includes maintaining a monthly scorecard to support Supply Chain and Division Vital Few.
• Effectively communicate warehouse performance, key initiatives, issues, changes to the CLS organization and other stakeholders
• Effectively lead the development and implementation of continuous improvement in processes, work rules, teamwork, etc. Utilize performance excellence tools. Effectively communicate changes and improvement throughout the organization.
• Link logistics strategy to department MBOs and development plans of direct and indirect reports
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility
• Effectively collaborate with supply chain planning, customer service, and distribution centers (if applicable) on shipment planning, discrepancy and issue resolution and improvement initiatives
• Maintain subject matter expertise in CLS distribution processes and systems
• Maintain current knowledge of trade compliance and customs regulations
• Work interactively with the Distribution Manager and the Global Supply Chain team in the continual improvement of the supply chain. Reduce lead time, cost and asset investment
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• At least 5 years of experience within a dynamic & changing global logistics/supply chain environment
• At least 3 years of proven leadership record
• Experience in leading a team of direct and indirect reports
• Experience in multicultural matrix organization
• At least 5 years of experience and knowledge of supply chain and ERP systems including warehousing, distribution and inventory management
• Experience in project management within a changing environment
• Experience with temperature controlled storage and cold chain logistics/transportation
How to ApplyApply Online: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=176518&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1 (Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
23 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings