Full-Time Technical Support Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements.
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
Promotes customer satisfaction and loyalty by responding to customer inquiries with accurate information regarding product applications, troubleshooting/usage, or product selection. Technical inquiries are addressed by telephone or e-mail, and can be directly applicable to product use and documentation (e.g., certificates, protocols), applications support, Sales leads, or product performance issues/concerns. Customer inquiries are received from end-users, distributors, Corning Customer Service (CS), and Corning Sales Account Managers.
This position is responsible for the initiation of product quality complaints into the appropriate complaint system. Product and applications training for the Customer Service team and other business groups is required. In addition, Technical Support (TS) Specialists participate in product/trade shows and collaborate with other departments/regions as required: Sales for lead delivery, Marcom for literature review/editing participation in Webinar program, business team participation, and global TS engagement.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Answer customer inquiries by phone & email: product and application related, technical questions from customers, domestic & international Sales Acct Managers, CS Reps and distributors
• As directed by the TS Manager, deliver product training as required.
• Maintain and update the Expert System of product and applications information database
• Receive and document product quality complaints from customers and distributors
• As required, participate in product/trade shows
• Collaborate with other departments / regions to review Marketing literature, applications notes and papers. Deliver leads to the Sales team. Support the Webinar program. Engage with the global TS team.
Travel Requirements: <5%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40
Required Education: BA/BS Life Sciences / MS a plus
Required Years and Area of Experience: Minimum of two years laboratory experience – preferably cell culture, genomics, drug discovery
• Able to maintain a professional telephone dialog, daily with customers, account managers and distributors
• PC proficiency in the Windows environment, including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Able to quickly search and navigate the Expert Database System and the CLS Website for product & applications information
• Able to learn new databases in order to enter product complaints and customer information (i.e., EtQ, Salesforce.com)
• Able to review and edit new technical applications notes, technical papers, and Marketing literature
• ≥2 years laboratory research experience
• Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Able to work with and communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with TS team members and colleagues in other departments/regions.
• Able to remain professional and exhibit patience when addressing customer concerns
• Able to lead initiatives and activities w/in the TS team, as required
How to Applyhttps://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174977&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
121 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings