Full-Time Team Leader (manufacturing production supervisor)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter — technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning’s Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Direct supervision of production workforce, including process technician and operators.
• Manage production resources to hit safety, production, cost and quality objectives.
• Onboard and train production workforce, achieving maximum workforce flexibility.
• Lead equipment and process troubleshooting activities.
• Manage in-process materials to optimize throughput.
• Lead continuous improvement projects.
• Perform employee performance reviews. Administer feedback and recognition when appropriate.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Rotating shift schedule to include weekends and nights.
Required Education: 4-year degree. Science, Engineering or Technology preferred. Business and Supply Chain also considered.
• Excellent verbal /written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and lead subordinates, providing clear direction and establishing expectations.
• Experience coordinating activities within functional responsibility and collaborating with support groups to achieve results.
• Early-stage manufacturing experience.
• Winning qualities: flexible; adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the team forward.
How to Applyhttps://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174871&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
69 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings