Full-Time Supervisor, Product Testing & Qualification
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Scope of Position:
• Responsible for the leadership and management of a group of technicians to successfully accomplish product evaluation
• Assessment & implementation of required optical test and measurement systems, methods & procedures.
• Coordinate resources (directly and indirectly assigned) to optimize workflow and meet requirements of individual projects/tasks
• Engagement with appropriate plant, marketing, engineering services and/or other group representatives as well as upper management.
• Acts as primary interface for customer test programs and communications.
• Responsible for building global linkages to other testing groups and support functions within the business to further the group’s expertise and timely execution of testing and qualifications.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Manage product testing and qualification
• Perform evaluation and implementation of testing methods and measurement equipment/test systems.
• Manage the optical measurement systems & testing at the T&Q Test Installation Facility
• Evaluate the need for new measurement systems & measurement system automation and implement these systems as appropriate.
• Manage the calibration function for T&Q Technology.
• Recruit, hire, integrate talent, and develop a skilled workforce.
• Lead Testing & Qualification to gain a competitive advantage, enabling enhancement of product and process development and production capabilities.
• Frequent interface with other organizations within the company to meet organizational objectives.
• Work closely with technology managers to ensure timely and quality execution of projects.
• Develop & administer budgets, schedules and performance standards for the Lab.
• Set objectives for all direct reports and monitor progress towards meeting those objectives.
• Keep up to date with evolving fiber optic technology and testing procedures, measurement equipment, theories and techniques.
• Maintain the capabilities of the Lab to ensure that it is the Measurements Standard Laboratory for the company. Ensure systems are in compliance with business defined Quality Systems.
Travel 10-15%, possibly some international
• Bachelors in Engineering or Physics. Masters with emphasis in optics is preferred.
• 5 – 7 years of engineering experience in optical fiber and cable measurements
• Experience in optical metrology
• Advanced knowledge & significant accomplishments in the area of optics and fiber optical cable measurements (evidenced by published papers, new measurement system/equipment development, test system enhancement projects, etc.)
• Experience with the use of OTDR, BOTDR and other optical cable measurement instrument is desirable.
• Ability to lead, develop and grow capabilities within the Testing & Qualification group to enable reduction of product deployment risks through timely and effective product testing
• Demonstrated leadership, planning and organizational skills
• People management skills
• Excellent written /verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization to ensure strong working interaction with internal departments, external customers and suppliers.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175625&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
198 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings