Full-Time Strategic Accounts Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
Develop global strategies for Corning Life Sciences strategic accounts. The main focus will be pharmaceutical companies. Manage, retain, and penetrate a key or multiple large accounts within a specific geographic / industry segment in a manner that meets the business needs of customer(s), differentiates Corning within the marketplace, and supports the achievement of the division’s sales and profit objectives.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute account plans that provide the customer(s) with a fully integrated set of product, process, service, and technical solutions which draw on Corning’s total value to meet specific business needs.
- Develop and execute a multi-year strategy for further enhancing Corning’s value add to the customer and maximizing the account’s impact to Corning through targeted relationship development, opportunity identification, and partnership efforts.
- Maintain in frequent contact with the customer to identify, build and strengthen the relationship, continually assess Corning’s effectiveness in meeting the customer’s needs, and ultimately maximize account penetration and customer retention.
- Serve as an advocate for both Corning and the customer by creating value for both parties and balancing the needs and constraints of both parties.
- Stay informed of customer requirements and key buying factors, and use the knowledge to pursue profitable selling opportunities for current or next generation products and to modify account plans, as needed.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- BS in sciences
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 5-7 years of sales experience in the life sciences market – with strong key account contacts
- Experience with channel
- Highly self-motivated and goals oriented
- Ability to form multi-site agreements
- Ability to organize internal stakeholders on joint strategy
- Prior knowledge of the accounts
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Ability to multitask and adjust quickly
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Customer focused / Strong networking skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Well Organized
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174832&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
105 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings