Full-Time Sr. Project Engineer CGT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Purpose of Position:
• Work in a high performance manufacturing and engineering team setting on evolving, cutting edge products and technologies.
• Manage a cross functional group of engineers and utilize appropriate process engineering skills to define and refine processes.
• Interface and collaborate with a broad range of functional areas including research, development, engineering and commercial to deliver new products and processes.
• Successful candidate will be able to manage an organization that can efficiently transfer technology and processes from development through to manufacturing while meeting cost and quality targets according to good manufacturing practices.
• Lead a group of 3-5 matrixed engineers (mainly through MTE) with an emphasis on driving to fundamental understanding.
• Responsible for all aspects of project technical planning, including formulation of timelines and milestones, and plan execution.
• Develop and utilize network within Corning, to strategically enable manufacturing solutions.
• Develop strategies and roadmaps for introduction of new processes.
• Demonstrate visible leadership to ensure safety with all project activities.
• Solve problems and improve processes based on fundamental understanding and structured problem solving methods such as KT, Designed Experimentation, or DMAIC.
• Implement Process Control and Process Discipline systems into manufacturing operations.
• Analyze process data using statistical tools (e.g. Pareto, regression, time charting, analysis of variance, gauge R&R, etc.).
• Measure and communicate performance against established objectives.
• Review and interpret data to make recommendations on immediate actions, long term corrective actions, follow-up experiments, etc.
• Document processes and train operators and peers on defined processes.
• Lead lean activities to enable manufacturing capability.
• Monday – Friday; weekends periodically; 40+ hrs per week
• Domestic <15%
• International <5%
Skills and Behaviors:
• Hands-on supervisory and/or project management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and frequently communicate ideas and progress against objectives.
• Ability to collaborate across broad range of functional areas – research, development, engineering, manufacturing, legal, commercial, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills – effective at interacting and communicating across varying payroll levels.
• Able to lead and work in a team environment to solve problems and drive project work forward.
• Able to lead a technical team or provide technical leadership.
• Ability to implement Process Control/Process Discipline into evolving processes.
• Rigorous problem solving – Proficient in the use of DOE, SPC, DMAIC and other process control/analysis techniques – knowledge and applied is desired.
• Experience successfully completing projects in a manufacturing organization. Able to understand the importance of rigorous documenting of process and procedures.
• Experience with planning, roadmaps and strategy as it relates to manufacturing organizations.
• Prefer experience in working with clean processes and cleanrooms.
• Prefer general knowledge of machine systems including mechanical design, controls and troubleshooting
• General knowledge of safety standards.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, prefer mechanical or chemical
How to ApplyApply Online: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174779&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1 (Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
174 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings