Full-Time Short Term Forecasting Analyst
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
• Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of the sales forecasting and demand management roles.
• Following established procedures, collects forecast inputs from regional contacts and consolidates into one WW forecast. As part of consolidation, analyzes inputs and makes recommendations for changes based on historical trends, market changes, or other related factors.
• Publishes/presents WW forecast to a variety of internal Corning contacts, at all levels of the organization including senior/executive management.
• Routinely responds to ad-hoc questions/clarification requests regarding the forecast by multiple contacts.
• Leads the supply/demand management process consisting of ongoing commercial/Mfg. interface management and coordination to ensure commercial requirements captured in manufacturing and ship plans as well as customer requirements to product attributes.
• During times of shortage, performs additional analysis and makes recommendations
• Regarding the need for sourced fiber, reduced factory experiment time, or other such demand limiting/supply increase actions.
• Support the commercial operations group through participation as a functional representative for product and project teams.
• Primarily internal company contacts and inter-organizational contacts.
• Infrequently outside customer contacts on routine matters.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Ownership of Short-term forecast process that meets commercial, financial and manufacturing planning requirements.
• Management of STF system including data linking of regional inputs into consolidated
• Spreadsheet for analysis/issuance purposes. Make all changes to the STF spreadsheets when changes in the format are needed due to implementations of new products and/or new customers and/or each New Year’s requirements
• Includes collection, consolidation, and analysis of forecast inputs resulting in issuance of monthly ST Forecasts as well as issuance of Cables specific short term forecast summaries and upsides/downsides summaries
• Management and leading of Short Term Forecast meetings
• Publish forecast inputs as needed for Blue Book and Black Book processes
• Issuance of weekly expected shipments reports
• Create presentation updates for use by executive management as part of monthly
• commercial council meetings, quarterly Business Planning Meetings, periodic operations committee meetings, periodic Cables/COF executive and working level meetings, and other ad hoc meeting requirements
• Develop and issue metrics reports such as volume tracking metrics for goal sharing,
• STP, and budget volume objective purposes
Lead Demand Management / commercial/manufacturing coordination process:
• Management of weekly demand management meetings (or more frequently as needed) bringing together commercial and manufacturing contacts to ensure commercial requirements are captured in manufacturing and ship plans
• During times of constraint, manage a detailed ship plan and act as the “gatekeeper” for customer change requests to ensure ability to best meet customer demands and
• requirements while not adversely impacting COF’s ability to meet future requirements
• Work closely with Marketing, Product Line Management Applications/Production engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, and Technical staffs to address commercial and technical issues.
• Secure the necessary assistance to establish and successfully complete specific projects and business goals.
Projects involved with:
• Collect, consolidate, revise, track, and report forecast volume changes at specific customers, specific regions, as well as WW
• Lead the development and the implementation of forecast tracking requirement changes associated with new product implementations
• Serve on various new product teams as the representative of the commercial operations and/or forecasting department.
Travel Requirements: Limited
• 3 Years Commercial Experience
• Ability to quickly build knowledge of optical fiber products and COF’s manufacturing, Commercial, and technical processes.
• Commercial or Supplier based experience
• Confidence in public speaking, direct customer interaction and leading cross functional teams.
• Detailed knowledge of MS Excel Word, and PowerPoint software packages
• Ability to work with numbers, summarize data, and make predictions based on trends
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with several functional areas and with various regional Int’l offices.
• Knowledge of optical fiber, manufacturing, and measurements.
• Commercial experience within the telecommunications industry.
• Experience working in or with manufacturing personnel
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to successful completion.
• Experience managing purchase/supply agreements.
• Comfortable working with all levels of management both internally and externally, and with different regions and functions.
• Self-starter. Ability to take the initiative to ensure business objectives are met with minimum direction.
• Organized and Detail oriented. Must be able to collect and process large amounts of information on a daily basis across a wide area of commercial issues/opportunities.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175567&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
34 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings