Full-Time Senior Process Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning’s Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve — semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning’s Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at:
Scope of Position:
This is a Senior Process Engineering position within the CSM Advanced Optics Division Engineering group. Responsibilities include implementing or improving new or existing production and development processes through the use of strong process engineering rigor to include DMAIC, DOE, and statistics to get to first principle fundamental understanding. Identifying and solving engineering problems in the broad scope of Advanced Optics competencies (including finishing, CNC machining, metrology, forming, coatings) to better position the business capabilities and profitability. Significant travel and on-site work at CSM AO plants and facilities is required for this position.
Day to day Responsibilities:
• Develop process and product improvement strategies to support customer attribute roadmaps.
• Identify and implement process improvements leading to process loss reduction, material utilization increases, process uptime improvements, and cycle time reductions.
• Design process experiments to determine and optimize important process variables and product parameters.
• Design and or specify new equipment or modifications to existing equipment (process equipment, facility, and measurement systems) to improve product attributes and performance.
• Effectively interface with commercial, plant manufacturing groups, and other Corning organizations.
• Coordinate with vendors on equipment design, development and delivery.
• Complete documentation, and training as required.
• Ensure best practices are evaluated, communicated, and implemented in the areas of Process Control and Discipline, Experiment Planning, Statistical Analysis, and Corrective Actions.
• Communicate to all levels of the organization and formally document project progress and status.
• 70% travel is required based on project location.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering
• At least 5 Years of manufacturing / engineering experience
• Anticipate, develop plans, and implement actions to minimize risk.
• Ability to interpret data to identify root cause of process issues and drive performance improvements
• Technical curiosity and “out of the box” thinking
• Sound understanding of process engineering
• Excellent PC skills including Excel, Word, and Access
• Communication skills – both written and oral
• Strong desire to achieve and implement solutions
• Teamwork in manufacturing environments
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, activities, and projects simultaneously.
• Experience with glass making, finishing, coating, and measurement equipment.
• Experience managing process projects.
• Application of DMAIC, LEAN, and statistical tools
• Strong use of rational process for problem solving, such as KT.
• Glass finishing and/or forming experience
• Proven track record of leading cross functional teams
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to manage and work within a matrix organization
• Strong people skills and team building ability.
• Ability to define and gain agreement on customer requirements.
• Ability to thrive in diverse manufacturing environments.
• Goal oriented self starter with a can do attitude that can work independently or with others as required. Demonstrates a sense of urgency to achieve results.
• Learns new equipment, processes, facilities, and organizations quickly and adjusts accordingly to accomplish objectives.
• Flexible and willing to travel.
How to ApplyApply Online: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174461&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1 (Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
225 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings