Full-Time Senior Mechanical Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Performs design in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for asset protection and energy reduction. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
• Provide technical direction in identifying and evaluating energy efficiency improvements and demand reduction opportunities for process and plant facility equipment.
• Work with the plant facilities and project teams to improve energy efficiency of new construction and retrofit projects.
• Give presentations to a variety of organizations including division and plant management, process equipment designers, plant facilities and energy team related to energy efficient technologies and energy efficiency incentive programs.
Projects involved with:
• Review of equipment system designs for evaluation of reliability for equipment asset protection.
• Develop site energy plans with plant facilities teams which include one to five year windows. The site energy plans will include a portfolio of projects with capital cost estimates and associated ROI calculations.
• Technical evaluation and review of various energy saving projects which will include conducting or overseeing energy audits and site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency projects for division and plants. Energy audits and project scope will include:
• Process equipment, controls and systems associated with glass melting, forming and finishing operations.
• Facility systems such as lighting and controls, HVAC equipment, compressed air and chilled water systems, pumps, fans, boilers, furnaces, and heat exchangers.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Normal work schedule: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM M-F but flex time is available when evening conference calls to Asia are required.
• 30 – 40% domestic and international (Asia) travel is expected.
• BS or BT in Engineering
• MS in Energy Related Field, PE or CEM Certification a plus
• 7 + years in Energy and/or facilities related roles
• Experienced with the application of scientific and technological principles encompassed in mechanics, hydraulics, thermodynamics, and machine design used for the design, operation, and use of various types of facilities and process equipment.
• Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret data and determine root cause analysis
• Solid understanding of Energy use and conservation as it relates to manufacturing and facilities equipment and processes.
• In depth project management experience
• Familiarity with the use of OSI Pi software for data collection and analysis.
• A proven track record in the energy engineering field is preferred.
• Good Interpersonal skills – experience working in a team environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills. Will work and interact in international mfg plants where English is the second language.
• Strong report-writing skills, budget management experience and computer skills including MS Office are desirable.
• Highly motivated and self-directed, with history of taking initiative to solve problems
• Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, and problem solving skills
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175021&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
227 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings