Full-Time Senior Glass Forming Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning – a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
At Corning Incorporated, we thrive on a culture of innovation, continually fueling the company’s growth. We boast a rich history spanning over 160 years of continuous re-invention and ongoing dedication to R&D that few companies can match. Our commitment to technology will propel us into the next 160 years and beyond. Our expertise in specialty glass and ceramics has led us to diverse market segments supporting Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Display Technologies, Environmental Technologies & Specialty Materials which has led us to many notable innovations, with recent examples including Corning ®Gorilla® Glass, LCD Glass and Clear Curve® Optical Fiber.
At Corning Incorporated, you’ll focus on the future and we will focus on you!
Corning’s Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
• Utilize experience and skills to conceptualize automated glass shaping equipment and optimize process capability. Function in a high performance manufacturing and engineering environment.
• Display and apply fundamental understanding and engineering principles to eliminate glass defects within the process. Collaborate with Research and Development for select improvement and new product introduction.
• Ensure Job Safety Analysis for new processes.
• Incumbent will solve glass article problems associated with heat transfer, process tooling, speeds, handling and secondary heat treatments that impact yield, dimensional quality and breakage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Manage a portfolio of wide-ranging glass forming and reforming capital and process improvement projects.
• Interface with Research and Development and Plant Engineering to develop and lead production trials of new products, processes, and technology to improve forming operations.
• Technical analysis of forming processes and application of results to improve processes and meeting customer requirements.
• Design and implementation of process experiments, document and present results to management.
• Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise in glass forming and reforming.
• B.S. – Ph.D. in Mechanical, Materials, Ceramic or Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum of ten years of on-site high-speed glass forming and reforming process experience.
• Competence in high temperature heat transfer and glass handling in automated glass manufacturing processes.
• Strong academic background, able to apply scientific and engineering principles to solve complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to use the PC to analyze process data and trends to reach conclusions that help solve process problems.
• Travel to domestic and international manufacturing plants and residence on-site for duration of project or process upset solution.
• Other relevant experience in the glass industry including papers, societies, patents, etc.
• Broad understanding of various glass forming and handling processes.
• Working knowledge of glass melting, statistics and application of tools for process control and management.
• Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills – effective at interacting and communicating across varying payroll levels.
• Able to lead and work in a team environment to solve problems or produce a product.
• Able to lead a technical team or provide technical leadership in a larger project team.
• Confident presentation skills – ability to tailor message to the audience
• 30%, including international travel.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174900&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
201 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings