Full-Time Quality Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Lead projects to strengthen the Product Quality Architecture within the plant and drive Quality initiatives. Drive efforts to support customer complaints and drive the implementation of effective corrective actions. Provide support for daily quality product dispositions for all plant processes.
• Responsible for making product disposition decisions to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met. These dispositions may require interpretation of unclear or unspecified customer requirements and expectations as well as appropriate data analysis.
• This support includes understanding internal and external customers’ stated and implied needs as well as ensuring their expectations are met every time by monitoring, maintaining, supporting and continuously improving plant quality systems.
• Assist in researching customer complaints and product returns to determine root cause as well as corrective and preventative actions.
• Track and report on critical quality metrics. Alert appropriate levels to trends and critical quality issues.
• Interface with various levels of plant and division management regarding quality and quality-related issues (Product Line Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Service, Scheduling, Production, Inter-Plant, Inter-Division). This includes working closely with Product Line Management to establish plant quality parameters based on customer expectations and specifications.
• Lead Product Quality Technicians in evaluation and disposition of rejected product through the use of engineering and/or knowledge, customer requirements, and industry standards. Provide statistical analysis and support to engineering and production as related to quality issues, product parameters, process changes, and new product qualification.
• Contribute to improvement teams to identify and implement process improvements.
Projects involved with:
• Primary engineering support for product disposition and customer returns for one of the plant’s main product lines as well as supporting the Product Quality Architecture infrastructure
• Lead and support projects to strengthen and automate the plant’s Product Quality Architecture. These projects could include improvements in negative flow management, material setup verification, the process of implementing new process/product changes, and process setup verification. These would be done using a Six Sigma or similar management philosophy
• Lead continuous improvement projects that proactively address identified system weaknesses and support the organization’s drive to be the low cost cable producer.
• Set and drive implementation of quality requirements for new product designs/transfers to ensure they are capable of meeting customer specifications and production requirements. This includes establishing requirements for new product demonstration test plans and analyzing the results with respect to customer, production, and product quality architecture requirements.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical, quality, or manufacturing role.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to develop and use database queries.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Methodical, data-based decision-making skills with the ability to use this data in proactively finding solutions.
• Understanding of basic statistical and data analysis concepts.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175517&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
193 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings