Full-Time Project Manager Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Purpose of Position:
Simultaneously ensure safe, efficient and profitable execution of numerous projects through successful supervision of Project Managers in one or more geographic regions.
Major Responsibilities – Ongoing Tasks:
• Recruit and hire Project Managers based on the current resource requirements.
• Ensure proper development of individual Project Managers by coaching and monitoring progress based on the Project Manager Qualification Guide.
• Coordinate, evaluate and occasionally provide safety, technical and work related training.
• Provide Project Managers with current, measurable, specific and achievable objectives.
• Conduct quarterly performance meetings and reviews.
• Ensure all business activities are consistent with Corning’s corporate values and Code of Conduct.
• Maintain and monitor morale of all assigned personnel to ensure retention goals are met.
• Build interpersonal relationships to foster open communication between all groups in Corning Optical Communications (COC).
• Assist in the communication and enforcement of safety and quality standards to be met by field support personnel and subcontractors on all Project Services projects.
• Ensure adequate project information is properly communicated from Business Development Analyst to Project Manager during the project transfer process.
• Ensure timely project completion by routinely reviewing project plans and providing feedback for improvement.
• Provide direction and assistance to individual Project Managers as they manage multiple projects at a time.
• Ensure Project Managers complete project related documents, such as Summary of Charges, Change Orders, etc., in a timely manner.
• Assist in the management review of project performance, providing feedback to Project Services personnel as needed.
• Provide feedback to Operations Manager, Resource Manager, and Business Acquisition Manager regarding subcontractor capacity constraints, capabilities and work performance.
• Make recommendations to Business Acquisition Manager for the awarding of subcontracted business.
• Use PS administrative systems, procedures and forms necessary to maintain uniform records systems, facilitate order, invoice and payment processes on a consistent basis.
• Review completed projects to ensure quality control and make suggestions for improvements.
• Control spending through thorough reviews of expense reports, contractor invoices, vendor invoices, and miscellaneous project spending.
• Coordinate with Resource Manager, Field Engineering Manager, and Technical Field Support Supervisor to obtain scalable project support from Field Engineers, Technicians, Trailblazers and Pioneers to meet project requirements.
Planning and Forecasting
• Assist Operations Manager in the forecasting of project revenue and costs.
• Assist Operations Manager and Resource Manager in the forecasting of project resource requirements and effectively meet the forecasted demand through combined use of fixed and scalable resources.
• Coordinate with Resource Manager in the resolution of conflicts/resource shortfalls through prioritization that takes into account: strategic value, customer expectations, legal obligations, deadlines and probability of success.
• Provide project-related metrics for the monthly PS operations review to ensure that the Operations group is on track to meet/exceed objectives.
• Participate in continuous improvement projects to increase Project Services efficiency, capacity, safety, and quality.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field from a recognized college or university; Engineering Degree preferred
• Two years of project management experience in the communication construction industry is desired.
• Two years of work experience as a Project Manager or Field Engineer handling and installing COC optical products is desired.
• Remote project management experience entailing project planning, safety management, subcontractor management, status reporting, cost management, documentation, and invoicing is desired.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong decision making, organizational and planning skills.
• Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS Project, Visio, AutoCAD and/or graphics drawing programs is a plus.
• 100% fluent in English. Ability to speak Spanish or other languages is a plus.
• Person will travel to customer project sites to maintain customer relationships and ensure safety, quality and performance are meeting or exceeding expected standards.
• 20-30% travel is expected to be a part of this job.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175631&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
168 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings