Full-Time Project Manager, Project Services
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position:
Simultaneously manage the implementation of multiple field installation projects through the engagement of a flexible work force assigned from a pool of Field Engineers, Technicians, Trailblazers, Pioneers and Contractors. Position requires between 30%-50% travel.
Major Responsibilities – Ongoing Tasks:
• Conduct all business activities in a manner consistent with Corning’s corporate values and Code of Conduct.
• Assist Safety and Quality Manager in the communication and enforcement of quality and safety standards to be met by field support personnel and subcontractors on all Project Services (PS) projects.
• Participate in project transfer meetings.
• Schedule and/or conduct pre-construction and post-construction walkouts and perform other field implementation activities, including splicing and testing, as needed in circumstances where other resources cannot be allocated.
• Review and revise project bills of materials as needed, seek materials order approval from appropriate PS Staff, and request materials order from PS Buyer.
• Establish and communicate project plans, resource requirements, and timing for assigned projects with ES personnel, field sales and end customers.
• Coordinate with PS Business Acquisition group to negotiate changes orders with customers as needed.
• Provide feedback to Operations Manager, Business Acquisition Manager, Operations Supervisor, Resource Manager and Safety and Quality Manager regarding subcontractor capacity constraints, capabilities and work performance.
• Make recommendations concerning the awarding of subcontracted business.
• Use PS administrative systems, procedures and forms necessary to maintain uniform records systems, facilitate order, invoice and payment processes on a consistent basis.
• Maintain documentation files for completed projects.
• Maintain and monitor morale of all assigned field support personnel.
Planning and Forecasting
• Through direction of the Operations Supervisor, coordinate with Resource Manager in the resolution of conflicts/resource shortfalls through prioritization that takes into account: strategic value, customer expectations, legal obligations, deadlines and probability of success.
• Through direction of the Operations Supervisor, assist Resource Manager in the forecasting of project resource requirements and effectively meet the forecasted demand through combined use of fixed and scalable resources.
• Provide weekly project status updates to assist Operations Supervisors in the forecasting of project revenue and costs.
• Assist in the collection of project-related metrics for the monthly PS operations review to ensure that the Operations group is on track to meet/exceed objectives.
• Participate in Continuous Improvement projects to increase PS efficiency, capacity, safety, and quality.
• Personal computer (PC), CAD Workstation and Plotter/Printer.
• Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Visio.
• OTDR, optical power meter, fusion splicer, field connectorization kits and other optical cable installation and test equipment.
• Company vehicles and other installation tools.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Telecommunication field preferred.
• Two years’ experience in Telecommunication and/or Project Management preferred.
• Experience supervising field project work is preferred.
• Two years of work experience as a field engineer or technician handling and installing CCS optical products is desired.
• Remote project management experience entailing project planning, safety management, subcontractor management, status reporting, cost management, documentation, and invoicing is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
• Knowledge of MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Visio and/or graphics drawing programs is a plus.
• Fluent in English. Ability to speak other languages is a plus.
• Willing to travel extensively. Requirements are 30 – 40% of time spent traveling.
Person must be willing to remain in this position for a minimum of three years.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175470&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
174 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings