Full-Time Product Line Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning – a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
The Product Line Manager is a global position which drives the value of the product portfolio for Laboratory Instrumentation at Corning Life Sciences. This position is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, channels and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research and on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
• Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
• Global marketing related activities for both new product development and existing products with an emphasis on innovation and brand.
• Create, manage and monitor business plan & product road map for all new and existing products.
• Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making.
• Responsible for defining regional promotional tools and sales tactics to increase revenue including product pricing, promotional tactics and distribution channels.
• Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and OEM partners) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
• Conduct and present comprehensive product training both internally and in the field.
• Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market and channel trends and competition.
• Specify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions.
• 20% domestic and international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• BS in Life Sciences field
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences with 5+ years experience in Marketing / Management / Sales in a Life Sciences or medical market; or Masters/PhD in Life Sciences field
• 5+ years of product marketing, marketing or sales experience (must include 3+ years marketing/product management experience)
• Strong communication skills consistent with life science market segment
• Has knowledge of distributors worldwide
• This position requires a high degree of self-motivation. The candidate must possess a sense of what is most important and needs to be done next, while maintaining a “customer first” attitude
• Ability to prioritize activities to ensure customer satisfaction and at the same time maximize profits is required
• Ability to consolidate and communicate insights in an actionable way to facilitate growth; understand rationale of management requirements and translate into key takeaways
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with senior management.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities and undertake challenging tasks and projects
• Proven ability to interact and influence cross functionally at all levels internally and externally
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team through influence in a matrix organizational structure
• Talent for getting along with and working productively with a variety of highly motivated sales personalities
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic growth-oriented environment
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175800&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
126 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings