Full-Time Product and Applications Engineer – Specialty Surfaces
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter — technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning’s Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
Scope of Position:
Serves as the customer’s primary technical point of contact and ensures their overall satisfaction with the products, services, and technical support by bridging the technical gap between the customer and Development, Division Engineering and Manufacturing. Key initial products will include antimicrobial and antireflective surfaces for non-consumer electronics markets.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develops a clear understanding of the limits of technical feasibility and product quality based on inputs from development and manufacturing and synergizes with prioritized customer product requirements to develop product specifications and quality metrics.
- Provides first-level service and technical support to the customer to clarify performance expectations and address queries and/or issues.
- Ensures a theoretical basis exists for current global product specifications and future attribute performance targets.
- Maintains understanding of competing products and uses this understanding to inform product enhancement and next generation product
- Assesses the impact of proposed process, material, or design changes on product performance to ensure the transparency of these changes to the customer
- Supports Systems Engineering, Development, Division Engineering, and / or Manufacturing in conducting cost / benefit analyses and tests for proposed product improvements and new product introductions
- Ensure that product manufacturing and testing methods are compliant with domestic and international standards, as appropriate
- Work with Product Line Management to develop and present a compelling value proposition for new products / services / attributes
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences is desired (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
- Required Years and Area of Experience: At least 2 years of experience with lab testing/systems engineering/statistical analysis with relevance to external customer support
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Experience with customer facing roles
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174736&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=
123 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings