Full-Time Process Technician III
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning – a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
Scope of Position:
The position is to support the Division Engineering Finishing Process Technology organization, through collaborative projects and experiments with Development, Engineering and Manufacturing.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Typically the candidate will have multiple projects and will need to balance activities/time. Furthermore, the position requires independent transportation, as daily responsibilities typically involve multiple facilities within the Corning Valley, as well as visits to vendor’s sites. Also, the successful candidate must be flexible to work off-shift hours when needed to support experiments on the manufacturing lines.
• Logistical support of materials for experiments and projects.
• Execution of experiments, data collection, data analysis, and data reporting typically under the supervision of an engineer.
• Support of capital and process improvement projects.
• Administrative support of projects including processing experiment plans and line time requests.
Role within group:
• The successful candidate will typically work in a supporting role with an engineer. However, the candidate should also expect to be given independent assignments requiring little direct supervision.
• Travel Requirements: Some travel should be expected, dependent on project assignments. International travel is possible. Typical travel requirement is 20% or less.
• Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Typically 8 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday, some extended time is possible to support project assignments
• Technical competence in process engineering.
• Track record successfully delivering technical projects to manufacturing
• Demonstrated effectiveness at technical problem-solving and decision-making.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
• Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
• Statistics Training
Education and Experience:
• A technical Associate’s degree is desired, but highly experienced candidates without a technical degree will also be considered.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Self starter, able to function with high level of independence
• Communicates effectively in writing and in a group setting
• Interpersonal skills – open, engaging, enables others
• Leadership skills
• Ability to perform in team or matrix environment.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175786&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
100 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings