Full-Time Process Technician II
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/environmental_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
- Responsible for ware tracking, scheduling of firings, lab submission, and data analysis.
- Provide support and/or leadership of all aspects of kiln validation for new products and processes.
- Investigate and identify causes for process and equipment issues and implement appropriate and effective corrective action.
- Participation on process improvement teams, document learning through plant system (experimental plans, pdc, CAPA).
- Propose, perform, and analyze experiments to improve production performance and product quality.
- Establish and publish periodic process performance measures to reflect overall kiln and product performance.
- Provide written and verbal communication across all levels of the organization on an ongoing day to day basis as well as for specific project work.
- Understand plant-wide process changes and their impact on the firing process.
- <5% if needed
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40hr 8-5 typical, will involve some off hour/weekend work
- 2 year Technical Degree (Associates degree)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 1-3 years in a manufacturing environment
- 2-year technical degree
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to grasp technical details and understand the requirements to execute a successful process.
- Willingness to learn new things quickly and apply them. Also, willingness to ask for help so that issues are minimized.
- Process orientation- find ways to improve existing processes
- Ceramic knowledge
- Production Background
- Flexible work schedule as off-hours support is possible, but not typical.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Team Player
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174855&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
107 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings