Full-Time Process Tech II
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/environmental_technologies.aspx
This position is part of Corning’s Environmental Technologies Division Engineering group located at the Erwin Plant. The primary focus of the engineering laboratory is in improving Celcor products through vendor management, Raw Material property improvement, second source identification and implementation as well as new die and forming technologies.
• Execution of experiments for division engineering within the Celpro laboratory.
• Participating on or leading projects to improve the laboratory through expansion of services, improved quality of existing services, equipment and tooling upgrades and improved safety.
• Equipment and process troubleshooting
• Designing and running independent experimentation
• Technical report writing and presentations
• 8:00 – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. Some off hours work may be required from time to time
Education and Experience Requirements:
• AS or AAS mechanical, chemical, or equivalent technical experience of 5+ years
• 1-2 years of process technician, manufacturing or ceramic raw materials experience is desired.
• Technical curiosity
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Customer focused
• Team player
• Data analysis skills
• Understanding of Ceramic Raw Materials
• Good communication skills – written & verbal
• Familiarity with principles of process control
• Experience with problem solving techniques including DMAIC, MEE and KT.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175008&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
110 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings