Full-Time Process Tech II
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at:
Scope of Position:
Technician within a process engineering organization at a manufacturing site. Technician will work with our team to plan, conduct and analyze process improvement activities. The primary role includes (1) data collection and analysis, and (2) providing support for the manufacturing of cellular ceramic products.
• Data collection and analysis
• Support new equipment/processes/products into production
• Interact with Division Engineering to provide linkage with the Division technology road map
• Provide process support for manufacturing of cellular ceramic products
o Plan and execute manufacturing runs
o Conduct experiments to improve product line performance; plan, write, and analyze experiments with Engineering oversight.
o Provide support and troubleshooting during production runs
o Updating SOP’s and operating forms in support of improvement projects
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Serve as a process resource for troubleshooting of production equipment / process in the Diesel Manufacturing facility in Painted Post NY to support 24/7 manufacturing.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with Operations, Maintenance, Controls Engineering and Equipment Engineering to provide first responder support for manufacturing. Focus will be to safely get the process/equipment back in operation and performing at established rates and quality. Detailed reports of activity’s will be communicated to Operations and within the Engineering groups.
• Provide process support for manufacturing of cellular ceramic products. Primary contact for trouble shooting any process related issues during production runs.
• Support and or lead projects in manufacturing that will enable the facility to meet is goals and objectives.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Monday – Friday: typically 8:00AM-5:00PM
• Occasional off hour troubleshooting and experiment support. Weekend coverage normally once every 8 weeks.
Education and Experience:
• 2 year technical degree in mechanical / electrical / materials / ceramics / math / chemistry / physics is ideal.
• Minimum 1-3 years of mechanical / electrical / materials /ceramic technician experience with demonstrated success of analyzing data and applying data to find solutions.
• Sound problem solving and decision making skills
• Team Player
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of data analysis methods and techniques (i.e. KT, Six sigma, Lean)
• Basic understanding of statistics
• Knowledge of glass and ceramic manufacturing
• Knowledge of PI process book
• Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Able to work across multiple functional areas
• Mechanical aptitude and or Electrical aptitude
• Able to multi task
• Attention to detail
• Able to lead projects
• Technical curiosity
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175452&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
212 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings