Full-Time Process Project Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning’s Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Provide leadership during the early and late stage projects to introduce, develop and manufacture new products and processes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Technical project management of critical programs with ~3–10 people with special emphasis on process development and/or improvement.
• Responsible for all aspects of project technical planning including team building, formulation of timelines and milestones, and plan execution.
• Develop network within and external to Corning, to strategically enable manufacturing solutions.
• Execute early- and mid-stage innovation projects, and develop plans to hand-off projects to internal customers as they progress into later stages of implementation.
• Develop strategies and roadmaps for introduction of new products and processes.
• Demonstrate visible leadership to ensure safety with all project activities.
• Solve problems and improve processes based on a drive to fundamental understanding and employment of structured problem solving methods such as KT, Designed Experimentation and Six Sigma.
• Implement Process Control and Process Discipline systems into manufacturing operations.
• Analyze process data using statistical tools (e.g. pareto, regression, time charting, analysis of variance, gauge R&R, etc.).
• Review and interpret data to make recommendations on immediate actions, long term corrective actions, follow-up experiments, etc.
• Measure and communicate performance against established objectives.
• Document processes and train receiving organizations resources and peers on defined processes.
• Typical 25%, occasional up to 40%. Can include international travel.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum of BS in chemical, materials, ceramic or mechanical engineering (MS preferred).
• 5 to 10 years of experience in materials science, ceramic, mechanical, or chemical engineering with accomplished project leadership experience.
• Rigorous problem solving – Proficient in the use of DOE, SPC, Six Sigma and other process control/analysis techniques – knowledge and application experience is desired.
• Process excellence (Six Sigma) Green Belt or higher.
• Experience successfully completing projects in a manufacturing organization with measurable impact.
• Technical depth in engineering and the ability to use that knowledge in interaction with customers and design teams.
• Ability to contribute technically and to lead a small team, simultaneously, when project size warrants.
• Ability to define and focus on the essential objectives, to motivate the team to deliver, and to drive results.
• Solid problem solving skills and able to set the technical strategy, clearly define and manage to priorities and execute the strategy.
• Strong project management experience, including project leadership of scientists and engineers.
• Excellent networking and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) with ability to deliver clear and concise messages to upper management as well as team members.
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and to build strong matrix teams.
• Experience in all stages of innovation (I-V).
• Strong customer focus.
• Excellent communications skills – oral, written and presentation skills.
• Distillation of complex issues to clear and concise messages.
• Influence of technical direction via communication and relationships.
• Good team builder – open, engaging leadership style, active listener that readily builds rapport with team, peers, customers and management.
• Continued, effective performance, particularly in uncertain situations.
• Able to react to changing priorities and effectively manage the team through the changes.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175616&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
111 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings