Full-Time Process Engineering Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Scope of Position:
Responsible for managing the engineering team to improve equipment and process effectiveness, increase yields, drive product cost reductions, and facilitate new technology and product introductions. Drive the application of scientific methods and process discipline to the manufacturing operation.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support cable manufacturing on multiple shift schedules in a fast paced production environment.
• Understand internal customer stated and implied needs. Ensure their expectations are being met.
• Develop, coach and mentor engineering personnel as appropriate to build and leverage skill sets to enhance the effectiveness of engineering group.
• Supervise 8-12 Engineers and Technicians.
• Assist with setting short and long term engineering strategies to achieve plant production, quality, safety and financial goals.
• Execute the short and long term engineering strategies.
• Increase throughput in the bottleneck process by improving yield, and reducing set-up time.
• Interface with the Product Team to understand and influence critical business priorities.
• Display an entrepreneurial spirit and take appropriate risk to capture new business opportunities as they are presented.
• Track engineering objectives that link to the overall plant and business objectives.
• Assign objectives and projects to direct reports. Provide guidance on project priority, scope, and key business linkages to ensure the individual understands how to manage schedule and resource conflicts.
• Interface with and support Research & Development and Division Engineering on new product introductions, process enhancements, raw material changes, and equipment design modifications.
• Ensure all engineering related activities are conducted in accordance with established design and process control procedures.
• Conduct periodic Performance Development and Reviews with subordinates.
• Establish development plans for direct reports and track progress. Create improvement plans for low performers and recognize/reward high performers.
• Track and manage any capital spending projects as appropriate.
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner and environment. Responsible for his/her safety, as well as that of others that may be at the facility, whether working or visiting. Responsible for observing safe work practices and being proactive for reporting any unsafe conditions.
• Utilize Lean manufacturing principles to reduce manufacturing costs.
• Apply DMAIC principles to achieve project objectives.
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical degree.
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods, systems, production processes, and controls systems is required.
• Demonstrated delivery of results through project and organizational leadership.
• Demonstrated track record of performance results and people development.
• Demonstrated track record of engineering/technical accomplishment.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 4+ years of experience
• Results Oriented
• Drive Deployment and Champion Change
• Data Based Decision Making Skills
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Strong Problem Solving Skills
• Green Belt Certification or 6-Sigma Equivalent
• Optical Cable or Optical Fiber Manufacturing Experience
• Lean Manufacturing and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Awareness
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
• Team facilitation. Communicate and engage with team members to drive performance
• Demonstrated leadership
• Professional written and spoken communication
• Initiative to determine projects that will benefit the business the most
• Ability to engage diverse viewpoints and manage a diverse workforce
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175719&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
192 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings