Full-Time Process Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Principal Purpose of Position:
Works with Engineering and Production personnel to investigate, develop and implement improved methods and processes for manufacturing.
1) Work with Customers, Vendors, and Production to develop and maintain robust production processes.
2) Documents processes through clear and specific work instructions.
3) Responsible for review of changes to drawings and specifications.
4) Leads product and process development.
5) May participate in the development and testing of new products, applying knowledge of engineering.
6) Responsible for design, documentation and implementation of new tools, fixtures and other production and assembly aids.
7) Trains operators on new and existing processes and machines.
8) Provides technical assistance to a variety of departments and processes.
9) Facilitates team-based problem solving activities.
10) Performs research and gathers data in support of continuous improvement and
11) Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement philosophy including
support of all quality, safety, productivity and performance improvement initiatives.
12) Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Materials Science, Ceramics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Project Management certification desirable.
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment, including experience in metallization,
- materials science and/or assembly. Ceramics machining also desirable.
- Knowledge of ceramic metallization, plating, and brazing processes, including fixture
- design and hydrogen furnace operation.
- Oral, written, listening and communication skills.
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing/six-sigma desired
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of metrology and instruments
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM desirable
- Knowledge of machining practices and processes desirable
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a production oriented environment.
- Organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Operate a computer workstation and related hardware and software.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Operate production equipment and machinery.
- Interprets product drawings, work instructions and other written documents to meet
- customer and quality specifications.
- Typically monitors equipment for effectiveness by observing operations, viewing monitors and distinguishing changes in equipment noise.
- Constantly monitors product quality through visual and tactile inspection of parts.
- Constantly uses required personal protective safety equipment including eye protection, hearing protection, breathing device/respirator equipment (as required)
- Constantly evaluates and reprioritizes tasks to meet changing production and customer needs.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
How to ApplyFor consideration please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please call 916-923-9898 and ask for Nestor Nava.
176 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings