Full-Time Process Engineer I
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning’s Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve — semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning’s Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
Scope of Position:
• Process Engineer supporting optical system assembly & test.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide day-2-day production support to resolve process upsets.
• Identify and lead process improvements to reduce cost (Variation, cycle-time, complexity and scrap reduction)
• Lead new product introductions into the production system.
• Author documentation and provide training to production techs.
• Collaborate with the commercial team to quote new products.
• Collaborate with the quality team to respond to customer complaints and returns.
• First assignment will be a fiber based product. Experience in this area a plus.
• Mechanical, Optical or Industrial Engineering training.
• Previous experience in technical manufacturing support.
• < 5%. Typical travel includes special training/networking opportunities and potential customer visits.
Hours of work:
• Typical first shift production hours, M-F, 8am-5pm.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 0 to 5 years, Internships/Co-ops a plus
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Function as part of a team
• Ability to learn and grow
• Prioritize and multi-task
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175871&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
126 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings