Full-Time Process Engineer-Ceramics
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Process Engineer for Imerys Oilfield Solutions will develop and engineer process technology for improved operations efficiency or for new products. The role and objectives are to qualify and communicate process technology, to troubleshoot production issues, to supervise process scale-up and trials, and to commission process technology.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and supervise process related laboratory experiments, pilot plan trials, and projects.
- Evaluate process equipment and process flows for plant expansion, improved operations efficiency, and new products.
- Develop and transfer process technology from concept to production and ensure successful plant commissioning of process technology.
- Perform and communicate process assessments that troubleshoot production issues.
- Participate as a team member in projects involving process engineering.
- Manage and prioritize projects to a timetable and account for the deliverables to internal customers.
- Develop process simulation models in support of development activities and operations strategic planning.
- Work in a dry processing -continuous process environment with the ability to provide process improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of mineral or chemical processing, engineering, chemistry, mineralogy and math/statistical
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
- Project management skills including planning and experimental design
- Communication skills including technical writing and presentation
- Interpersonal skills that enable a good rapport with management, scientists, engineers, technicians, and plant personnel
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial assessment and budget planning
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Ceramic Engineering or related Engineering
- Prefer minimum of two years of process engineering experience with at least some of that experience in dry processing
- Experience with thermodynamics, heat and mass balancing
- Technical project management or operations experience is a plus
- Dry process engineering exp needed, experience working with kilns, etc helpful
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Available for domestic travel and for some international travel
- Flexibility in work schedule to permit plant and pilot plant trial coverage
306 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings