Full-Time Plant Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
IMERYS is the world leader of mineral based specialty products. IMERYS Oilfield Solutions, a division of IMERYS, is currently seeking a Plant Engineer for our newly built, state of the art facility, located in Wrens, GA facility. This position is responsible for specifications and design of plant facilities and equipment that will improve operational efficiency while enhancing the environment, safety, quality, and long-term profitability of the facility. The Plant Engineer manages the maintenance work force. They will confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards. This position provides technical advice on plant operations and improvements as well as preparing engineering analysis of projects that include: preliminary design, detailed design, project cost analysis, life cycle cost analysis and equipment selection. The Plant Engineer is accountable for all plant assets and is responsible for working with the Plant Controller in the tracking and reporting of spending of the capital budget and the maintenance budget. The Plant Engineer is responsible for implementation and maintenance of the environmental emission control systems; and for ensuring that all plant assets are installed and operated in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Oversee contractors, key vendors/consultants, management of delivery schedules, warranties, liquidated damages, and performance guarantees.
- Review budget projections for current and upcoming projects and schedule forecasts to ensure plant projects are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Manage Maintenance Department; lead by example by being involved in plant safety programs. Ensure maintenance employees stay engaged in all plant safety systems, processes, and initiatives.
- Plan, develop and implement effective equipment maintenance programs designed to maximize plant capacity and equipment reliability. Actively maintain equipment performance statistics including mean time between failures and using said database to justify equipment improvements to increase plant reliability and reduce future maintenance costs. Create, implement and manage preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Provide and maintain a technical and maintenance library which shall include maintenance and test procedures, instruction books, technical manuals and drawings for all plant equipment and systems. Establish and maintain complete equipment and systems maintenance and test history records and files. Develop and maintain critical plant drawings including P&ID’s, Loop diagrams and Single line drawings. Maintain records showing compliance with all federal, state and local safety, environmental and tax requirements.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess feasibility and equipment. Accept ownership of all automation initiatives.
- Develop sound and cost effective solutions to problems facing the operations team. Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions to include serving as the liaison with engineering consulting service vendors.
- Prepare capital investment requests by determining the best equipment design and/or facility layout, developing estimates and provide justification for the expenditure. Prepare bid packages, worth with Purchasing on contracts, and manage contractor engineering activities. Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications. Coordinate start-up and commissioning of new equipment with operations.
- Provide engineering support to maintain, alter, or curtail operations during emergencies. Maintain plant in a safe and productive state to ensure the health and safety of all employees and in order to achieve maximum productivity.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational & Experiential Requirements:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or a related Engineering field or equivalent work experience of 10 or more years in a similar role
- 10 + years of direct project engineering and/or plant maintenance experience (required).
- 5 years of managerial experience (preferred)
- Experience working in the areas of minerals processing, glass, or cement is strongly preferred.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Proficient on computers and experience with Microsoft Office applications, working knowledge of CAD tools.
- General familiarity with process plant operations and equipment, ability to diagnose equipment breakdowns, design maintenance strategies, procedures, and methods; and knowledge of process control systems such as Allen Bradley.
- Capital project management, estimation and execution experience.
- Proven abilities in Project Management.
- Experience dealing with vendors and contractors, an understanding of the roles of the different disciplines in engineering/construction processes as well as standard industrial construction techniques.
- General working knowledge of MSHA safety requirements, knowledge of applicable federal, state and local building codes
- Ability to travel.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
192 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings