16 Apr 2014
Full-Time Materials Scientist, Ceramics (PhD)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
DuPont Titanium Technologies (DTT) is currently seeking a Materials Scientist or Engineer to join its Process Development Group at the Experimental Station in Wilmington, DE. As the world’s leading producer of titanium dioxide pigment, DTT encompasses 5 major manufacturing sites, including 3 in the United States, 1 in Mexico, and 1 in Taiwan, as well as product, process, and business units located in Wilmington, DE and throughout the world. The successful candidate will support and extend the competitive advantage of this best-in-class business by developing and implementing new materials solutions to technical challenges throughout the manufacturing process.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement new technologies that provide improved resistance to the highly erosive and corrosive environments found within the titanium dioxide manufacturing process.
- Develop and implement materials upgrades that improve thermal resistance and/or heat transfer capabilities in liquid, gas, and mixed phase systems.
- Provide expertise on materials selection and use for reaction vessels, conveying systems, separation equipment, filtration technologies, burner systems, mixing equipment, grinding systems, packaging equipment, etc.
- Drive business initiatives for world class performance in safety, yield, reliability, uptime, quality, capacity, and minimization of environmental footprint.
- Lead improvements from definition and research of opportunities, through laboratory and plant testing, and ultimately to design of capital equipment.
- Coordinate technical projects and communicate findings with colleagues across the circuit.
- Continually evaluate and bring to light industry trends that pertain to materials science and engineering.
Successful performance will open a wide variety of career paths and most directly leads to involvement in circuit technology projects and leadership of circuit technology teams.
- PhD in Materials Science or Engineering
- Experience with ceramics and/or refractory materials-to include experience with relating ceramic structure to mechanical properties, experience with the imapact of ceramic geometry on thermal stability, understanding of ceramics formulation on durability, etc.)
- Strong organizational, experimental, and analytical skills
- Independent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and work in diverse cross-functional teams
- Experience with fiber-reinforced plastics
- Experience with metals and hardfacing technologies
- Experience with corona / plasma treatment
- Experience at a commercial manufacturing facility
- Experience in process development
Six Sigma certification or training in statistical analysis
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.
How to Applyhttp://careers.dupont.com/jobsearch/posting.php?id=3362140307
226 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings