Full-Time INTERN – Process Engineering
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/environmental_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
Internship within the process engineering organization at a manufacturing site. Intern will work with our team to plan, conduct and analyze process improvements and lean manufacturing activities. The primary role includes data collection and analysis, as well as process and system improvement activities.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Daily interaction with operators, operations, and engineering groups
• Under guidance from process engineering, lead the agreed upon projects that will enable the facility to meet its goals and objectives for the duration of the internship
• Prepare written evaluations of data collected for use in leadership project reviews
• Create recommendations and/or plans to achieve the stated project goals
• Execute improvement activities identified during the agreed upon project
• Analyze production and equipment data to understand deviations, limitations of processes and equipment
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hours per week
• Monday – Friday: typically 8:00AM-5:00PM
Education and Experience:
• Sophomore level (or higher) undergraduate in engineering or physical sciences. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is ideal.
• 0-2 years of engineering and/or physical science internship experience.
• Any manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Ability to perform work independently and in a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to interact with manufacturing personnel and staff
• Sound problem solving and decision making skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Organizations skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Experience with statistical tools, Minitab a plus
• Reliable and detail-oriented
• Able to lead small projects of limited scope to completion
• Technical curiosity
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175067&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
121 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings