Full-Time Intellectual Asset Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at:
Scope of Position:
• Supports competitive patent publication analysis and monitoring consistent with the IP Strategy Plan of the business and applicable policies and procedures.
• Manage overall process and tools for competitor IP review
• Under direction from IP Counsel, liaises between business unit and IP Department to facilitate gathering of appropriate information and business/technical expertise for clearance and pre-litigation investigations
• Liaises between development project teams and the IP Department to manage and optimize early stage generation of the patent portfolio generated by each project
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Manage processes and tasks in support of implementation of the business Intellectual Property (IP) strategy
• Development of Competitor Patent Review meeting agenda, documentation of meeting outcomes and follow-up on actions
• Maintenance of IP related data repositories & manage library of translated patent documents.
• Process management tracking and metrics to measure output, processing rates, progress against backlogs and competitor activity in areas of particular interest.
• Participate in IP mining sessions; track the generation and submission of Invention Disclosures.
• Communicates as-needed with inventors through presentations to assigned groups including training on process and factors relating to Corning intellectual property
• Facilitates the creation of quality ID submissions by helping inventors in defining the breadth of their invention, ensuring an appropriate and sufficient/complete ID write up, including a sufficient prior art search, and in distinguishing the prior art. Execute ad-hoc projects such as simple patent searches, special reports, spreadsheet based data consolidation & analysis
• Gathers facts including the existence of related IDs, advantages of the invention, extent of reduction to practice of the invention, and attends Patent Committee meetings to report on the IDs and determine action items for follow-up
• Ensures timely and accurate completion of IDs for the attorney to draft applications in a timely and efficient manner
• Prepares “packages” for outside counsel to give them materials and updates with respect to the invention to be filed (although the attorney is responsible for forwarding the package and managing outside counsel).
• Liaises between project teams and/or the IP Department as appropriate and requested by IP Counsel.
• Ensure Intellectual Asset Protection (IAP) guidelines followed within CDT development team
• Participate in the SP CDT IAP Team, lead/participate in general office/lab audits (5S/Safety/IAP), preparations and coordination associated with internal IAP audits or external assessments
• Intranet website and SharePoint maintenance and security administration as primary or back-up as needed for the department
• Coordination of special events, training, recognitions, etc. as needed
• Travel Requirements (please note if international):<10% domestic and <10% international
• Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:40hrs/week plus travel, and periodic off hour conference calls
• All CDT employees may be requested to sign CDT Covenant not to Compete
• Advanced Technical and/or BS with Technical Work Experience
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 5+ years in technology/ engineering environment
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
• Demonstrated technical skills, including ability to understand new technology quickly
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience with the technical community
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Ability to facilitate meetings with cross-functional teams
• Ability to seek out information, research skills
• Oral and written communication, including ability to create informative visuals (plots, tables or other graphics) to illustrate complex relationships for a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel with ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
• Ability to develop processes and related metrics
• Ability to multitask, work independently with general direction, and handle large/variable workload volume
• Team player with ability to build networks with technical business professionals globally
• Comfortable with ambiguity as well as rapid change
• Previous experience/exposure to patent publications, searching, analysis, and management of the associated complexities.
• Demonstrated successful participation and facilitation of cross functional teams in a global business environment (across times zones, language, and cultural challenges)
• Computer science skills to facilitate data management and production of reports and visual graphics.
• Internal CDT experience
• Work experience in Corning Businesses
• Multi-lingual (English and Korean, Japanese, or Chinese)
• Experiences with using and creating databases
• Experience with Thomson Innovation
• Experience with Coming’s Invention Disclosure and Patent Processes
• Ability to gather various pieces of information and create logical direction for action
How to ApplyApply Online: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175515&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1 (Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
122 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings