Full-Time Glass Forming Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning’s Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
• Support a high performance technical and operational team to optimize process capability and performance.
• Apply first line understanding and experiential knowledge to minimize glass defects within the process. Collaborate with Engineering for select improvement and new product introduction.
• Knowledge and delivery of process safety procedures and awareness.
• Incumbent will solve first-level glass particle problems associated with heat transfer, process tooling, speeds, handling and secondary heat treatments that impact yield, dimensional quality and breakage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide key support for a wide-range of glass forming and reforming capital and process improvement projects.
• Interface with Development and Engineering to develop production trials of new products, processes, and technology to improve forming operations.
• First level technical analysis of forming processes and application of results to improve processes and meeting customer requirements.
• Design and implementation of process experiments, document and present results to management.
• Provide technical guidance and subject matter expertise in glass forming and reforming.
• AAS/BS in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering/ Technology or related technologies. BS highly preferred.
• Minimum of five years of on-site high-speed glass forming and reforming process experience.
• Knowledgeable of high temperature heat transfer and glass handling in automated glass manufacturing processes.
• Sound academic background, able to apply engineering principles to solve process problems.
• Demonstrated ability to use the PC to capture process data to reach conclusions that help solve process problems.
• Mobility: Willing to travel and reside at manufacturing locations as required.
• Other relevant operational skills/ experience in the glass industry.
• Solid understanding of various glass-forming and handling processes.
• Working knowledge of glass melting, statistics and application of tools for process control.
• Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus.
• Sound interpersonal skills – effective at interacting and communicating with cross functional teams.
• Work in a team environment to solve problems or produce a product.
• Provide technical support and focused leadership in a larger project team.
• Confident presentation skills – ability to tailor message to the audience.
Travel Requirements: Domestic and International travel as required.
How to ApplyApply Online: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174898&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
197 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings