Full-Time Glass Forming Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning’s Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
• Utilize experience and skills to design automated glass shaping equipment and optimize process capability. Function in a high performance manufacturing and engineering environment.
• Apply fundamental understanding and engineering principles to eliminate glass defects within the process. Collaborate across Development, Engineering and Manufacturing for select improvement and new product introduction.
• Originate Job Safety Analysis for new processes.
• Incumbent will solve glass particle problems associated with heat transfer, process tooling, speeds, handling and secondary heat treatments that impact yield, dimensional quality and breakage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Initiate and lead wide-ranging glass forming and reforming capital and process improvement projects.
• Interface with Development and Plant Engineering to develop and lead production trials of new products, processes, and technology to improve forming operations.
• Technical analysis of forming processes and application of results to improve processes and meeting customer requirements.
• Design and implementation of process experiments. Document and present results to management.
• Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise in glass forming and reforming.
• B.S./M.S. in Mechanical, Materials , Ceramic or Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum of five years of on-site high-speed glass forming and reforming process experience.
• Competent in high temperature heat transfer and glass handling in automated glass manufacturing processes.
• Strong academic background, able to apply engineering principles to solve complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to use the PC to analyze process data and trends to reach conclusions that help solve process problems.
• Travel to domestic and international manufacturing plants and residence on-site for duration of project or process upset solution.
• Other relevant experience in the glass industry including papers, societies, patents, etc.
• Strong understanding of various glass forming and handling processes.
• Working knowledge of glass melting, statistics and application of tools for process control and management.
• Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills – effective at interacting and communicating across varying payroll levels.
• Able to lead and work in a team environment to solve problems or produce a product.
• Able to lead a technical team or provide technical leadership in a larger project team.
• Confident presentation skills – ability to tailor message to the audience.
• 30%, including international travel.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174899&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
174 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings