Full-Time Forming Technology Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Recommend process improvements for quality, yield, or cost improvement.
• Documentation of improvements and process understanding.
• Assist with transfer of technology across the business, US and overseas (Japan, Korea, Taiwan)
• Support plant engineering organizations in problem solving; applying the fundamentals of heat transfer and fluid dynamics to determine root cause of problems.
• Focus on building knowledge of the existing process and capabilities.
• Engage in early stage developments from Research and Development group.
Projects involved with:
• Transfer and migration of new technology; process setups, best practices and troubleshooting guidelines to Taiwan, Korea and Japan.
• Attribute improvement programs, defining strategy and implementing plans.
• Cost reduction targeting increased asset utilization and decreased capital requirements.
Role within group:
• Individual contributor on projects, along with managing small projects.
• Engineering position to support startup of forming process.
• Includes startup of equipment and developing setup to deliver required quality attributes.
• Documentation of status and issues and developing plan to resolve issues.
• Interface with design and equipment engineering groups.
• Travel Requirements: 60% domestic and international
• Required to sign covenant not to compete
• BS in Mechanical, Ceramics, Chemical or Material Science & Engineering
• Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 1-5 years of experience, with internship or Co-op at school
• Ability to travel to Asia 50% of the time
• Use of scientific method & approach
• Problem solving
• Heat Transfer
• Culturally aware
• Able to adapt to change
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to work effectively in a diverse environment
• Hot glass experience or any Process Engineering experience
• Statistical techniques
• Fluid Flow
• Asian language skills
• Time management skills, able to respond quickly and effectively to short-term issues while continuing to move forward on the long-term programs.
• Able to learn quickly and work well independently while fostering a strong team atmosphere
• Self- motivated, responds to stress and process emergencies with appropriate urgency
How to ApplyApply Online: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174571&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1 (Copy & Paste the above link in a new page to apply for this job)
192 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings