Full-Time Field Engineer Operations Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Purpose of Position:
Is responsible for managing various internal projects to provide support to the Field Engineering team in meeting their objectives. Will also provide support to our external partners (VARs) and end-customers as needed. Will also assist with continuous improvement activities to include creating and/or improving processes utilized by the team.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
• Managing and maintaining Field Engineering equipment (spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.). This includes sending units out for calibration, tracking their whereabouts for ISO compliance purposes, etc.
• Tracking certifications of external partners (VAR) personnel and integrators on Corning Wireless equipment. This includes tracking certification renewals and managing our online recertification process.
• Managing our maintenance agreement program including reassigning customers to external partners (VARs).
• Managing the certification/training equipment this includes: A) testing and validating incoming equipment and B) packing and shipping equipment to needed locations
• Responsible for shipping cables, equipment, peripherals and other materials out to the Field Engineers and customers as needed
• Supporting the team as needed with tier 1 technical phone and e-mail customer support. Other activities could include data post-processing, firmware upgrades, and problem duplication in the Engineering Support lab.
• Creation and/or updates of FE (Field Engineering) Notes to be posted on the Partner Portal to support our customers
• Other activities as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or equivalent.
• Two year within Customer Support and/or Account management,
• Some experience with Inventory management
• Two years’ experience in Telecommunication and/or Project Management preferred
• Team player in a matrix organization
• Strong interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Salesforce.com is a plus
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal direction
• High initiative and self-motivated
• Fluent in English
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
• Willing to travel (up to 20%)
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175633&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
136 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings