Full-Time Executive Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide administrative support and assistance to the Vice President and PLM staff members in a professional, efficient and quality manner, operating in full confidence.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the vice president and PLM team members with execution of roles, responsibilities and projects as assigned while alleviating administrative detail.
• Provide administrative support including coordinating meetings and maintaining calendars, preparing correspondence, answering phone calls, filing, sorting mail, and managing e-mail.
• Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements including scheduling, preparing itinerary and agendas; assisting in acquiring travel documents (passports and visas) as needed.
• Complete and file expense reports in a timely manner, using the Concur expense system.
• Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, graphs and reports as requested using appropriate skills and software.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining the PLM excellence site.
• Schedule and attend staff meetings, participating as required.
• Assist the team with special projects or needs as requested.
• Ensure necessary reports, information, etc. are provided in a timely manner to the appropriate areas of the company.
• Schedule meetings along with domestic and international travel as needed for team
• Coordinate facility visits as needed.
• Coordinate logistics and details for departmental/executive events including the PLM Summit.
• Manage logistics, agendas and objectives for key executive visits from Corning or international locations; e.g., delivering key messages, objectives, logistics, travel, accommodations, tours, meals, entertainment, etc.
• Coordinate updating of departmental org charts and distribute to human resources for posting on the intranet site.
• Assist with the preparation, publishing and control of highly proprietary documents.
• Manage confidential and proprietary information with discretion and sound judgment.
• Manage all day to day tasks and support for all team members are necessary.
• Four year Bachelor’s Degree in a business related area or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
• Professional Certification a plus.
• Five years+ experience in performing the duties of a professional/executive assistant.
• Ability to interface and communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with all levels of personnel internal and external to Corning and with various cultures, both internal and external. 100% fluent in English – both written and verbal.
• Must be able to work in a high profile position, handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
• Work effectively as both an individual performer and a team player.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic unstructured environment.
• Detail oriented, conscientious.
• Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to listen, make wise decisions and act with little direction.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work schedules and duties.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint®.
• Proficiency in Concur expense reporting and travel functions.
• Thorough knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures.
• Proactive, demonstrated ability to take the lead and influence the outcome.
• Eager to take on additional responsibilities outside normal scope of position.
• Picks up on the need to change personal and interpersonal behavior quickly
• Seeks feedback
• Not fearful of acting with minimum planning
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all levels and gains their trust and respect
• Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
• Lives the Corning values
• Willingness to work outside of normal schedule business hours when necessary
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175573&SiteId=22&PostingSeq=1
281 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings