Full-Time Engineering Supervisor
Responsible for supervising the engineering team to improve equipment and process effectiveness, increase yields, drive product cost reductions, and facilitate new technology and product introductions. Drive the application of scientific methods and process discipline to the manufacturing operation.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support manufacturing production environment.
• Understand internal customer stated and implied needs. Ensure their expectations are being met.
• Coach and mentor engineering personnel as appropriate to build and leverage skill sets to enhance the effectiveness of engineering group.
• Supervise 8-10 Engineers and Technicians.
• Work with Plant Engineering Manager to set short and long term engineering strategies to achieve plant production, quality, safety and financial goals.
• Execute the short and long term engineering strategies.
• Increase throughput in the bottleneck process by improving yield, and reducing set-up time.
• Maintain the plant project portfolio and priority list.
• Assign objectives and projects to direct reports. Provide guidance on project priority, scope, and key business linkages to ensure the individual understands how to manage schedule and resource conflicts.
• Interface with and support Research & Development and Division Engineering on new product introductions, process enhancements, raw material changes, and equipment design modifications.
• Ensure all engineering related activities are conducted in accordance with established design and process control procedures.
• Conduct periodic Performance Development and Reviews with subordinates.
• Establish development plans for direct reports and track progress. Create improvement plans for low performers and recognize/reward high performers.
• Track and manage any capital spending projects as appropriate.
• Provide technical recommendations to plant management on equipment purchases, material choices, long term plant capacity and equipment layout.
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner and environment. Responsible for his/her safety, as well as that of others that may be at the facility, whether working or visiting. Responsible for observing safe work practices and being proactive for reporting any unsafe conditions.
• Utilize Lean manufacturing principles to reduce manufacturing costs.
• Apply DMAIC principles to achieve project objectives.
• Less than 10%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm as a base schedule.
• Additional time will be spent outside of the base schedule in accordance with business needs
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Master of Science preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• At least 2-5 years’ experience in plant engineering or an engineering support role to a manufacturing operation.
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Data Based Decision Making Skills
• Strong Problem Solving Skills
• Results Oriented
• Green Belt Certification or 6-Sigma Equivalent
• Strong computer and data management skills
• Supervisory Experience
• Machining and tooling Experience
• Lean Manufacturing and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Experience
• Team facilitation. Capable of facilitating a team to achieve an objective
• Demonstrated leadership
• Professional written and spoken communication
• Initiative to determine projects that will benefit the business the most
• Ability to engage diverse viewpoints and manage a diverse workforce
Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=177440&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
97 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings