Full-Time Engineering Specialist – Materials and Processes
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets – civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Engineering Specialist – Materials and Processes will be working in a dynamic integrated product team to deliver ceramic composite technology to Rolls-Royce globally across all business units. This is an opportunity within a growing technology area.
The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for the following key accountabilities:
• Applying strong technical and functional knowledge of ceramic composite material systems and their environmental and mechanical behaviour and performance
• Directing manufacturing process development efforts
• Applying knowledge of composite processing methods to component manufacture (weaving, composite layup, polymer infiltration, chemical vapor infiltration, machining, NDE)
• Working with an integrated product team of design, materials and manufacturing engineers to introduce Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) components to the RR portfolio
• Executing process study plans, coordinating suppliers, developing, writing and maintaining specifications, and identifying structure process relationships
• Analyzing production & design data, characterize materials and create technical reports
• Planning and executing technical projects including working with external companies, universities and government agencies
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s in Materials Engineering or related field and 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree and 6+ of relevant experience
• Must be U.S. Citizen/Resident, Asylee, Refugee or have permanent/indefinite work authorization. No visa sponsorship for this position.
• Master’s degree in materials engineering field with significant industrial experience with ceramic matrix composites
• Good written and oral communication skills in English
• Ability to travel up to 20%
• Background in ceramic matrix composites or metal/polymer matrix composites in aerospace or related technical field
• Experience in relating process to structure property relationships
• Experience directing process maturation programs
• Engineering experience in one or more of: ceramic/metallic coatings, ceramic machining, NDE, composites and/or textiles
• Six sigma and/or LEAN knowledge
• Technical leadership within a materials engineering role
• CMC or aerospace material supply chain development/assessment/support experience to include certifications and development of robust processes
• Ability to identify and develop new suppliers
• ISO9001 / AS9100 experience
266 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings