Full-Time Division Quality Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter — technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning’s Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
- Leads the creation and implementation of the Division Quality Strategy, proactively addressing customer quality needs, including methods and procedures designed to ensure that Corning’s products meet specifications and that Corning specifications meet/exceed customer requirements. Ensures customer quality issues/concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Actively maintains and improves Corning’s Quality Architecture systems (e.g. ISO, industry standards, etc.), audits and customer qualifications.
- Proactively ensures that key quality objectives and initiatives are incorporated in Division or Business objectives
- Measures Division or Business performance related to key quality objectives and ensures actions are in place to achieve high performance/stretch goals
- Establishes and improves Quality Architecture
- Interfaces with commercial groups, new product development teams and manufacturing to ensure compliance to regulations and commercialization process
- Aligns resources within the quality function to the needs of the Division Strategy
- Coordinates customer quality issues and initiatives that span multiple Division plants (internal and external)
- Works with external vendors, suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure consistent quality standards and protocols exist and are followed rigorously for materials, supplies and manufactured goods
- Leads Corning’s Performance Excellence initiative for the Division, interfaces with Corporate Quality to deploy PEx in the Division and provide feedback
- Coordinates and facilitates benchmarking and communication of best practices across the division
- Provide guidance, coaching and “mock” agency audits/inspections for manufacturing
- Ensure cGMP compliance
- Participate and/or lead internal and external quality audits
- Ensure cohesive quality strategy and systems throughout the division
- Develop and execute division –wide training plan in partnership with Regulatory Affairs
- Travel Requirements: Some Domestic and International travel required
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Business Acumen
- Has experience building effective relationships with customers
- Good supervisory skills
- Can work effectively in a heavily matrixed environment
- Involves others to gain commitment to overall business direction
- Demonstrated measurable improvement in results in a quality leadership role
- Undergraduate degree in technical specialty preferred
- Functional Quality experience in manufacturing in cGMP compliant organization
- Experience with 3rd party quality audits
- Performance Excellence Certified Green Belt preferred
- Experience in role with direct customer interaction (Applications Engineer, Customer Service, Technical rep, etc.)
- Life Sciences and Medical Devices experience
- Experience with FDA audits and inspections
- Experience in New Product Development or New Product introduction
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174799&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
96 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings