Internship Design Engineer Intern
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
• This individual will be directly involved with engineers and technologists in learning the melting, forming, or glass handling processes.
• Duties will include assisting Engineering Dept. Heads and Engineers with projects in Corning HQ.
• A Mid Term review and a final review will occur with senior leadership in mid- summer.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work with state-of-the-art manufacturing processes for the development and production of glass substrates for use in Liquid Crystal Displays (computers and TVs).
• Work will include project and process activities.
• We are looking for those with a strong level of technical curiosity and who are able to deliver creative solutions to technical challenges.
• Applicants should have the ability to work in a team based environment and be able to participate as an individual contributor.
• Pending Junior or Senior Engineering Major with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Engineering disciplines such as: Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Science
• Process engineering skills (quantitative skills, coursework in engineering statistics or other statistical training.
• Technical writing, ability to deliver technical presentations to operators, engineers and managers.
• Innovative and technically curious. Problem solving and decision making.
• Results oriented.
• High commitment level
• Effective communication & presentation skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work on diverse project team.
• Ability to build new business relationships.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=176118&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
24 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings