Full-Time Automation/Design Engineering Leader
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter — technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning’s Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- · Work with internal Customers to define requirements, develop proposals/ scopes of work and concept solutions
- · Use quality tools (D.A., PPA, K-T, etc) to develop a project plan (scope, budget, schedule, equipment concept) that satisfies business objectives,
- · Identify and secure the resources and funding required to successfully complete the project plan and develop resources into subject matter experts.
- · Manage external system integrators and machine builders to successfully deliver fully integrated equipment systems on-time, on-budget, and that satisfy the requirements.
- · Lead the project team through all phases of the project including design, fabrication, off-line test, debug, and start-up in the plant.
- · Track progress to project schedule and spending to ensure overall satisfaction of overall project timeline and budget.
- · Routinely report on progress to division leaders and equipment receivers
- · Technically develop and motivate team members to achieve goals
Projects involved with:
Project focus will be implementation of automated process machines, material handling, and robotic systems in manufacturing plants as well as support of new development projects. The individual will be responsible to lead cross-functional project teams from concept definition through installation and production start-up in a Corning manufacturing facilities.
Travel Requirements: 30%-40% domestic and international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Normal business hours (8-5, M-F), however, work hours required to achieve project objectives most likely will exceed 40 hours/week.
- · B.S. or M.S. Major: Mechanical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- · Minimum 10 Years of experience in Engineering with demonstrated success in leading project teams responsible for the successful design and implementation of robotic and material handling systems in manufacturing processes
- · Technical expertise in machine design, automation, robotics, material handling, and system integration
- · Experience developing and delivering fully integrated system solutions to manufacturing plants
- · Experience in successful outsourcing of system integration responsibility to third party suppliers & management of those suppliers during project execution
- · Demonstrated technical and project leadership experience with ability to achieve results through a matrixed organization and vendor management.
- · Achievement Oriented
- · Ability to effectively work across multiple cultures
- · Effective problem solving and decision making
- · Ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately among varied skill levels
- · Quality tools experience/certification (KT, PPA, DA, etc.)
- · Knowledge of Corning resources and processes for project work.
- · Knowledge and experience in working with other cultures (customs, how work is done, language, etc.)
- · Fluency in English language
- · Knowledge of standards (RIA safety, ASME / ANSI drafting, Ergonomics)
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Team Building
- · Relationship Building
- · Flexibility / Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
- · Conflict Resolution
- · Motivate others
- · Coaching and mentoring
- · Able to see the “big picture”
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=174759&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
111 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings