Full-Time Area Sales Manager – AT&T – California
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Scope of Position:
Co-develop and implement sales plan to maximize Corning Optical Communications product and service sales to AT&T for the assigned geographic area. The maximization of sales will be accomplished while maintaining positive customer relationships across key functional areas of AT&T and internal to Corning Optical Communications.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed annual sales budget for assigned region or products
• Manage personal sales expense budget at or below annual target
• In conjunction with Account Manager, other AT&T area sales managers, marketing, and market development co-develop strategic account/territory plans. Prepare strategic account/territory presentation as required
• Assist with Corning Optical Communications’ response to any RF(x) activity. Develop and facilitate all Corning Optical Communications contract activity, and leverage existing contracts and customer entities throughout domestic and global regions (if applicable)
• Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding Corning products and their applications to customers’ networks
• Develop a complete understanding of customer’s organization and develop close business relationships with key decision makers and influencers in assigned territory.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge about the customer’s business objectives in order to recognize opportunities and to maximize sales of Corning Optical Communications solutions.
• Act in a consultative role to the customer to ensure that they specify Corning Optical Communications products and those they can easily order, receive, utilize and/or install those solutions.
• Provide weekly activity reports and monthly reports as appropriate.
• 40-60% – Candidate will be required to travel throughout AT&T territory primarily focusing on assigned Territory
• BA or BS from an accredited 4 year institution
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Two (2) year minimum experience in sales, marketing, product line management, or technical services
• Knowledge of telecommunications customers and commercial practices
• Strong organizational, planning and decision making ability (including prioritization and time management skills)
• Knowledge of telecommunications market areas: Wireline, Wireless, Datacenters, FTTx
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a mesh organization. Each area sales manager also has management responsibilities as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) across all of AT&T and will act as project lead when assigned by Account Manager. Sometimes their sales efforts will be in support of other SMEs and other times they will be working with the other area sales managers support their SME.
• Knowledge of Corning Optical Communications’ product solutions, specifically Wireline, Wireless, and Datacenters, FTTx
• Previous experience selling to a large Telecom customer, specifically AT&T
• Existing contacts within the customer base, specifically AT&T
How to ApplyApply online at: https://careers.corning.com/psp/PDPAHRPRER/CNG_MYCAREER_SITE/PDGLHRPRER/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=175752&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
179 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
For help with the Job Action Bar above click here
Back to Listings