We are currently seeking a Finished Products Shift Supervisor to join our team in Vernon, CA.
Supervises hourly employees in the continuous operation of the plant's- cold-end production activities. Assists Production Mgr. in maintaining focus on overall plant goals, continuous process improvements, good labor relations climate, and outstanding quality and production efficiencies.
(All other duties as assigned)
- Ensures quality and productivity by monitoring and performing mechanical, visual, and informational system checks.
- Reviews shift operation and makes decisions and implements actions relative to changes on shifts that may impact processing, procedures, personnel, equipment, and customer requirements.
- Makes recommendations regarding how plant operations can further improve to meet service, quality, safety and productivity goals.
- Ensures that all people in work group are adequately trained and are knowledgeable of department procedures.
- Monitors VSPC control charts and reviews process shifts with key personnel.
- Has knowledge and understanding of all customer requirements.
- Has knowledge and understanding of plant emergency procedures.
- Monitors job change progress through work force and assists in quality decisions.
- Delegates assignments and monitors responsibilities of work groups that effect the throughput, quality and safety of shift operation.
- Communicates with all shift employees, PIT teams and work groups providing information and instruction as needed to address problems and maintain effective working relationships.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as needed per labor contract and sound employee relations practices. Handles 1st step grievances.
- Responsible for administrative duties involving time records, production reports, general correspondence, absentee and vacation schedules, safety investigations, and disciplinary records.
- Inputs key shift performance indictors into production database.
- Ensure correct use of safety equipment and that company safety policies are followed
- Is qualified in the operation of key informational systems within the process area. Current systems include PIC, MCS, MCSII, VSPC, Forming Doc, and TAO.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
The position’s emphasis is to provide a committed and high level of technical service, working in partnership with the Production Mgr. to produce glass containers at continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency. The Shift Supervisor sets goals to make sure the shop performs at a high level, with the long-term in focus. Position communicates with services departments about line issues and assists foremen on attaining goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school minimum
- 1-3 years experience or college education in related major
- Computer literate through experience or education
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge: Must have significant understanding of process and supervisory skills through work experience or education to effectively manage a shift operation.
- Adequate knowledge of informational systems.
This position reports to the Finished Products Manager.
Direct reports to this position are hourly employees in cold end.
There may be some travel associated with this position for training and/or project work.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $7.0 billion in 2013 and employs approximately 22,500 people at 77 plants in 21 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com.
O-I's Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. Join us in the #betteringlass conversation at www.glassislife.com.
To Apply Please Copy and Paste the Link Below into a New Browser.
Owens Illinois is an equal opportunity employer.