Position: Technical Manager
Presented by: North American Recruiting and Consulting
Location: Tyler, Texas
Job Code: CRT0918
My client has their headquarters outside the US with US corporate headquarters in Pennsylvania and have some 30 manufacturing locations worldwide (> 100 headcount); 83 total locations including the service centers and sales offices; 7 major research and development centers in US and Europe with approximately 9,000 employees from 30 different countries. They have over 70 sales territories/countries with approximately £ 739 million sales. My client is a worldwide leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing high performance specialty ceramics, refractory products and control systems for demanding industrial applications. Its major customers are in the steel, ferrous and non-ferrous foundries, and glass industries.
Their plant in Tyler, Texas has been in its location since 1992 and has a revenue production of $30 to $40 million. Having a global presence, quality of service and a wide range of products has always been part of their corporate strategy to delight its customers. Their main goal is to be responsive to its customer’s needs with outstanding products, materials and service to improve the end product’s quality and lower production costs. At every one of their locations around the world, they make customers "our first priority". They share their problems and challenges by working with them as business partners to develop successful solution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technical Manager interacts with:
1. Suppliers (specifications, quality issues) and customers (RFQ, COA, SCAR, DAR).
2. R&D (process changes, new processes, TOT).
The Technical Manager supports:
1. The quality engineering function:
· QMS and ISO 9000 (quality status, auditing, development of employees).
· Data analysis support (statistical techniques, SPC, DOE, problem solving).
2. The process engineering function:
· Process variables (definitions, interactions, monitoring).
· Continuous improvements.
3. The process development function (new processes, TOT).
1. Manages the Quality Engineer, Process Development Engineer, and Process Engineer.
2. Reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
3. Has a dotted line to the corporate technical function.
4. Interacts with all employees, customers, and suppliers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Minimum BS degree in Ceramic Engineering.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Some experience with product development.
4. Working knowledge of quality management systems and statistical techniques.
5. Some experience with analytical equipment.
6. Proficient computer user able to communicate well (writing / oral) at all levels.
7. Experience with managing a small group of engineers and technicians.
8. Proficient at facilitating small tasks teams.
This position is NOT, at this time, eligible for bonus consideration. The Base Salary will be, DOE, between $80-95 K. There is a good relocation package however they would prefer someone from the local area. Excellent Benefits Package.
Bob Turner, Ed. D. President
North American Recruiting and Consulting
826 Ashford Court
Tyler, Texas 75703