Position: Tooling Engineering Manager
Presented by: North American Recruiting and Consulting
Location: Tyler, Texas
Job Code: CRT0917
My client has their headquarters outside the US with US corporate headquarters in Pennsylvania and have some 30 manufacturing locations worldwide (> 100 headcount); 83 total locations including the service centers and sales offices; 7 major research and development centers in US and Europe with approximately 9,000 employees from 30 different countries. They have over 70 sales territories/countries with approximately £ 739 million sales. My client is a worldwide leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing high performance specialty ceramics, refractory products and control systems for demanding industrial applications. Its major customers are in the steel, ferrous and non-ferrous foundries, and glass industries.
Their plant in Tyler, Texas has been in its location since 1992 and has a revenue production of $30 to $40 million. Having a global presence, quality of service and a wide range of products has always been part of their corporate strategy to delight its customers. Their main goal is to be responsive to its customer’s needs with outstanding products, materials and service to improve the end product’s quality and lower production costs. At every one of their locations around the world, they make customers "our first priority". They share their problems and challenges by working with them as business partners to develop successful solution.
Applies approved industrial engineering policies and practices in an organizational plant, to improve operating performance, reduce waste and delays and otherwise promote cost reductions and a high level of efficiency. Activities involve production methods, equipment layout, material handling, and personnel, equipment and material utilization.
The tooling is for the pressing of refractory shapes of various configurations and sizes. Pressing pressures run from 75 tons to 2,500. Much of the tooling will involve compensation (moving parts within the tooling). Ideally the candidate will have knowledge of and exposure to refractory production tooling.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops manufacturing methods for machines, tools, and equipment, processes and procedures, plant layout, material handling, work simplification and cost reduction.
2. Conducts organizational studies.
3. Assists with cost control programs and standards.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Source of Supervision:
Reports to General Manager
Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
2. Four to seven years experience in manufacturing environment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Possess management and interpersonal skills.
2. Proficient working knowledge of blueprint, computer.
3. Ability to prepare, implement projects in a timely manner.
4. Experience with AutoCAD Release 13.
5. Experience with Solid Works and/or Pro E
6. It is Critical to have ProE experience
7. Maintain a running balance on tooling expense and routinely communicate its status or its relates to budget.
This position is NOT, at this time, eligible for bonus consideration. The Base Salary will be, DOE, between $80-95 K. There is a good relocation package however they would prefer someone from the local area. Excellent Benefits Package.
Bob Turner, Ed. D. President
North American Recruiting and Consulting
826 Ashford Court
Tyler, Texas 75703