Live Locally, Work Globally!!!
Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career. We are headquartered in Corning - a vibrant city in Upstate, NY where residents enjoy the benefits of a rich arts and culture scene, one of the world’s fastest-growing wine regions and a family friendly area with affordable homes and quality education.
At Corning Incorporated, we thrive on a culture of innovation, continually fueling the company’s growth. We boast a rich history spanning over 160 years of continuous re-invention and ongoing dedication to R&D that few companies can match. Our commitment to technology will propel us into the next 160 years and beyond. Our expertise in specialty glass and ceramics has led us to diverse market segments supporting Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Display Technologies, Environmental Technologies & Specialty Materials which has led us to many notable innovations, with recent examples including Corning ®Gorilla® Glass, LCD Glass and ClearCurve® Optical Fiber.
At Corning Incorporated, you’ll focus on the future and we will focus on you!
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
· Support a high performance technical and operational team to optimize process capability and performance.
· Apply first line understanding and experiential knowledge to minimize glass defects within the process. Collaborate with Engineering for select improvement and new product introduction.
· Knowledge and delivery of process safety procedures and awareness.
· Incumbent will solve first-level glass particle problems associated with heat transfer, process tooling, speeds, handling and secondary heat treatments that impact yield, dimensional quality and breakage.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Provide key support for a wide-range of glass forming and reforming capital and process improvement projects.
· Interface with Development and Engineering to develop production trials of new products, processes, and technology to improve forming operations.
· First level technical analysis of forming processes and application of results to improve processes and meeting customer requirements.
· Design and implementation of process experiments, document and present results to management.
· Provide technical guidance and subject matter expertise in glass forming and reforming.
· Domestic and International travel as required.
· Prefer AAS/BS in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering/ Technology or related technologies but not a must.
· Minimum of five years of on-site high-speed glass forming and reforming process experience.
· Knowledgeable of high temperature heat transfer and glass handling in automated glass manufacturing processes.
· Sound academic background, able to apply engineering principles to solve process problems.
· Demonstrated ability to use the PC to capture process data to reach conclusions that help solve process problems.
· Mobility: Willing to travel and reside at manufacturing locations as required.
· Other relevant operational skills/ experience in the glass industry.
· Solid understanding of various glass forming and handling processes.
· Working knowledge of glass melting, statistics and application of tools for process control.
· Spanish or Italian language skills are a plus.
· Sound interpersonal skills – effective at interacting and communicating with cross functional teams.
· Work in a team environment to solve problems or produce a product.
· Provide technical support and focused leadership in a larger project team.
· Confident presentation skills – ability to tailor message to the audience.