We are seeking a EDI Analyst - Senior to join our organization at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, OH.
The primary role of the EDI Analyst is to provide systems integration and data interfaces between O-I SAP systems and its customers and vendors utilizing EDI technologies. This position manages the daily EDI operations, including planning, implementation, and maintenance, develops and implements strategies for EDI capabilities to ensure collaborative decision making across stakeholder groups, resulting in reduced O-I supply chain and procurement costs. This position oversees and coordinates the implementation of new EDI systems, enhancements, and upgrades
- Develop strong business and business process enablement relationships and act as a focal point for demand prioritization, resourcing and execution
- Coordinate all EDI activity between stakeholders: O-I business units, their customers, O-I Information Technology, and third-party EDI vendors
- Partner with O-I business units to analyze EDI strategy and requirements. Develops new EDI business opportunities and associated ROI.
- Interact with O-I customers and vendors, gathers requirements, and successfully on-boards new customers and vendors on EDI
- Build an EDI Service Request list and rolls out existing EDI documents to new trading partners
- Work with O-I business units to identify potential new EDI customers; initiates contact and setup
- Coordinate testing with each customer to ensure that all EDI and trading partner standards are followed
- Handle communications with the trading partners related to EDI transaction set-up and ongoing maintenance
- Is committed to lowering O-I supply chain and procurement costs through EDI
- Prepare user training manuals and EDI implementation guidelines
- Interact with O-I IT Application Development teams to ensure successful development of new EDI transactions
- Supervise Sterling Commerce EDI mappers to ensure mapping compliance
- Formulate project plans to effectively plan and manage EDI activity
- Manage EDI risks and issues
- Prepare status reports to inform management of EDI progress and any challenges
- Provide seamless integration between Governance, IT delivery teams and business stakeholders to achieve business goals
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
The EDI Analyst has a major impact on how O-I will define its EDI strategy, and execute that strategy with customers and vendors. The scope initially encompasses the seven EDI transactions 410, 850, 855, 860, 865, 810 and 856 for both customers and vendors. However, this list of Service Request will grow to include messages in the planning, forecasting and finance in the future.
The EDI Analyst also monitors industry trends and makes proposals for major changes to improve EDI services
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, engineering, accounting or a related field
- 8+ years overall EDI experience in analytical roles
- 5+ years EDI experience involving trading partner setup, EDI mapping, production process EDI design, VANs and Mailboxes.
- 4+ years of SAP EDI experience
- 2+ years working globally across multiple continents
- Deep understanding of XML, ANSI X12 and EDIFACT EDI transactions and standards
- Experience in implementing EDI Transactions using SAP as the source/target ERP system
- Deep expertise with SAP IDOC’s and SAP EDI business processes in the OTC process
- Experience with SAP SD, MM, and FI
- Experience working directly with customers to achieve EDI implementation goals
- Experience with EDI translators, preferably Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) or PI including the SEEBURGER EDI Adapter
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate technical and functional requirements via various mediums to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Strong ability to influence and impact others to move towards consensus
- Experience working with an offshore IT development model
- Experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience with project management
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with both internal and external stakeholders globally
This position reports to the Director, Global Application Development. This position does not have direct reports but will have contractors as part of the EDI team.
International travel may be required on the order of 3-4 times per year. Out of U.S. business hours availability will also be required on occasion to facilitate involvement of non-US stakeholders.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $7.0 billion in 2012, the Company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs approximately 22,500 people at 79 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. O-I’s Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. For more information, visit www.o-i.com or www.glassislife.com.
To Apply Please Copy and Paste the Link Below into a New Browser:
Owens Illinois is an equal opportunity employer.