We are seeking a Systems Analyst to join our organization at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, OH.
The primary role for the Systems Analyst will be participating in the development, support, maintenance, enhancement, and process improvement of business applications. This person may be assigned to support specific business units or corporate departments and utilize a variety of computing platforms. This position will collaborate with the business, IT colleagues, external partners, and other stakeholders to identify user and system requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options.
This position is expected to have a broad knowledge of information technology culture, procedures, and experience with IT methodologies including project management techniques. The Systems Analyst will interact with stakeholders and other experts to quickly diagnose and resolve system problems. This position will provide full life-cycle support, as well as creating system documentation, including operating procedures, technical design specifications, and technical support documentation.
• Develop strong business and business process enablement relationships and act as a focal point for demand prioritization, resourcing and execution.
• Coordinates all support activity between stakeholders: O-I business units, their customers, third party software support and O-I Information Technology.
• Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
• Scope, implement, test, and deploy new features and versions of core applications, databases, and utilities.
• Troubleshoot, debug, and maintain deployments of core applications, databases, and utilities.
• Propose solutions and upgrades to existing systems.
• Working closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
• Participate in the implementation of new systems and upgrades to existing systems.
• Creating end-user and operating support documentation.
• Providing training to users of new and existing systems.
• Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
• Communicates effectively and efficiently with both internal and external stakeholders globally.
• Provide seamless integration between Governance, IT delivery teams and business stakeholders to achieve business goals.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
The Systems Analyst provides direct support to multiple applications and systems across various functional business areas. Some of these applications are critical to daily business operations.
This position has a global impact across multiple geographic regions.
This position also monitors industry trends and proposes solutions for process improvement.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• • A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
• Intermediate: Minimum 3 years experience in Information Technology or relevant business experience.
• Intermediate: Minimum 3 years of hands-on work experience in software development, maintenance, support, and delivery with client/server and n-tier platforms.
• Senior: Minimum 6 years experience in Information Technology or relevant business experience.
• Senior: 5+ years of hands-on work experience in software development, maintenance, support, and delivery with client/server and n-tier platforms.
• Application development experience including Visual Basic, Microsoft Access databases, HTML, .NET (ASP/C#), and batch scripting.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and maintain applications as needed, and learn business processes. Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work to a plan and function as a team player.
• Solid relational database development experience, including either of the following:
- Oracle: PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, and packages.
- Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase: Transact SQL stored procedures and triggers.
• Desirable experience includes one or more of the following:
- Unix/Linux shell scripting experience.
- Engineering application support experience, such as ProjectWise, Windchill, AutoCAD, and/or Creo suite of tools.
- Document Management Systems experience, such as FileNet.
- Experience supporting Manufacturing systems including shop-floor applications.
This position reports to the Solution Architect - HRIS. This position does not have direct reports.
International travel may be required on the order of 1-2 times per year. Out of U.S. business hours availability will also be required on occasion to facilitate involvement of non-US stakeholders.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Owens Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $7.0 billion in 2012, the Company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs approximately 22,500 people at 79 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. O-I’s Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. For more information, visit www.o-i.com or www.glassislife.com.