This position is accountable for performing project management and scheduling for selected IT projects and programs, and provide mentoring to other IT developers, less experienced project managers, and leaders in project management skills, particularly in regard to the application of the agreed O-I standard project management methodologies.
(All other duties as assigned)
1. Serve as IT PM on significant initiatives (both infrastructure and business driven) as assigned, exercising project management Best Practices according to the O-I standard project management methodologies, including:
- Scope Management
- Cost Management
- Schedule Management
- Risk Management
- Communications Management
Tasks will include:
• Develop project work break down structures in conjunction with IT management and the relevant BIM to ensure project requirements, priorities, and risks are addressed.
• Communicate project progress and status to all stakeholders per the agreed schedule.
• Deliver project reviews with sponsors and customers of the project and formally report status at monthly IT Operations Reviews and project stage-gate meetings.
• Demonstrate ownership of project finances, including accurate estimation, planning, and tracking of capital and expense budgets to meet projected solution development and operational requirements. Proactively manage financial approval process and all project procurements for assigned projects. Demonstrate ability to identify, understand, and resolve variances in financial performance.
• Full ownership of all Change Readiness activities as well as Quality and Testing activities
• Perform in a leadership role while coordinating Project Management Plans with business or vendor Project Management staff, if applicable
• Act as a champion for PMO processes including Peer Reviews and Lessons Learned
2. Ensure IT projects are managed according to O-I standard project management methodologies, either through direct application or by mentoring assigned project leaders.
3. Establishing/refining all areas of IT internal project management procedures and standards. Conduct training for designated IT and business project leader resources when needed. Utilize Lessons Learned to identify and recommend opportunities for improvement in Project Management processes and procedures.
4. Develop and maintain expert knowledge of current IT tools relevant to all areas of project
management. Conduct training on the correct application of these tools to others as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related discipline, or equivalent.
• Minimum 6-8 years broad experience in the IT industry, including a proven track record in the successful delivery of major IT initiatives. Specific experience in leading projects of at least 5-7 years is required.
• Solid knowledge of project management methodologies of at least 5 years.
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is required
• Good working knowledge of SAP Project Systems is required
• Demonstrated business acumen; ability to understand commercial/process issues (project context; customer focus) and IT dependencies/considerations in order to assist in developing and maintaining viable workplans.
• Preparation of formal project plans, schedules and cost benefit analysis, including productivity tools appropriate for preparing same (Lotus Notes, MS Office, MS Project, portfolio management tools, etc.).
• Advanced project management techniques including risk assessment/mitigation, estimating, planning, decision and dependency analysis, quality assurance; Proven record of successful application of these skills
• Team builder: able to work with and influence colleagues in other IT areas that must provide service in an integrated way to deliver and operate the solution successfully.
• Able to develop and sustain sound working relationships and credibility at all levels within the global business and with external consultants.
• Proven record of effective and accurate estimation skills related to cost, schedule, and resources
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational behavior and consultative skills, including:
• Leadership and communication (e.g. pursuing ambitious targets and dependencies and possibilities to achieve them)
• Negotiation, prioritization and conflict resolution
• Independent issue management including assessment, resolution, and escalation as necessary o Building strategic working relationships
• Developing others
• Global decision making accountability
• Workshop facilitation
• Training others
• Written and oral presentation and communication
Reports to Manager, IT PPM. No permanent direct reports. Manages all aspects of a diverse IT projects or multiple IT projects. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct project staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
Will work primarily in the region where assigned, but may at times have to travel to other regions (>10%). On agreement, may be assigned to a project in another region. In such a case, travel will be much greater.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Owens Illinois is an equal opportunity employer