“This job is for “Corning”. Corning is looking for “Flexible Glass Process Engineer” in Harrodsburg, KY area “
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Process Engineer within the Bottom Of Draw web process technology group responsible for fusion manufacturing of bulk spools and the flexible glass conversion technologies for manufacturing products with anticipated movement to contract manufacturing. Also including the integration of critical product performance and quality attributes with BOD equipment and process performance and capabilities.
· Develop processes and optimize for delivery to manufacturing organization.
· Increase knowledge of product performance and linkage to process performance and capability.
· Build flexible glass core competencies in the organization.
· Partner with resources as needed from other organizations within and outside Corning.
· Collaborate with development organizations to execute technology roadmaps for flexible glass businesses.
· Rigorously apply fundamental understanding / MEE and improvement methodologies and the use of data to problem solving.
· Tackle complex issues methodically and assist other engineers (especially less experienced engineers) in similar efforts.
· Apply discretion on when to elevate issues to a higher level.
Travel Expectations: 25-50% Domestic, International TBD based on process migration
Language Requirements: English
· Required Education: BS Engineering
· Optional Education: MS Engineering
· Years of Experience: 2-5
Required Skills & Experience:
· Capability to lead projects and develop competency in key technologies.
· Demonstrated capabilities in process development and engineering.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Work effectively as part of a matrixed organization with linkages into S&T, Engineering and Manufacturing.
· Can take routine data retrieval and analysis and develop a standard methodology. Leads efforts to achieve process variability reduction and drive to root causes of variation.
· Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to facilitate problem solving teams.
· Strongly results oriented. Able to handle multiple complex tasks and set priorities with multiple customers.
· Has a thorough understanding of and can practice process control and discipline. Can discern when to follow SOP, and when SOP no longer applies and additional stakeholder input may be necessary.
· Can be a team member or a team leader within functional area. Supports teams with data-based analysis and conclusions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Manufacturing experience
· Technology development experience
· Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, including formulas and graphing functions
· Practical experience with basic statistics, familiarity with advanced statistical methods, and a track record of identifying sources of variation
· Demonstrated leadership or strong teamwork in accomplishing common goals
· Working knowledge of scientific method (MEE) and Six Sigma (DMAIC) methodology.
· Consistently communicates issues and concerns to stakeholders. Has developed verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate scientific concepts and data to others in order to provide instruction and influence decisions.
· Recognizes need for leadership in non-standard production situations and inserts self to take responsibility to lead operators and mechanics in non-standard operations.
· Seeks out production supervisors, peers, and operators to gain process understanding. Listens to their concerns and seeks resolution within the functional area.
· Uses experience and influence to help facilitate change and assists others to adjust priorities in a growing business environment.
· Must be able to work effectively in a matrix organization. This involves meeting demands from multiple internal customers. Negotiates requirements in a matrix organization and helps others make their goals too.